I told my wife that she was in a cult...

by garyneal 16 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Per JW practices for decades now, it's not about your being 'guilty by association', but EVERYONE who speaks out publicly, even if not baptized, is guilty of apostasy for publicly criticizing the WT.

Yeah, in the Watchtower apostate is the dreaded boogeyman all witnesses are to fear. Better to be a rapist or a pedophile than to be one of them.

Jehovah's Witnesses think they have a right to lable everyone else but how dare anyone put lables on them. The bully people with the lable "apostate."

Yeah, their reasoning book is provided just for those labels like false prophets and cults.

Jesus was an apostate. He is my hero!

Mine too, he was also accused of having a demon in Him.

PS, you're "feeding at the table of DEMONS!!!!" Scary isn't it? Happy Halloween! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YeR7GTaZ0c

“Yeah, if you're not FOR THE WT, you're against them…” Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes!

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Well a loose definition would essentially be anyone who has ever changed their mind. Lol.

You know, I think you're onto something. Perhaps I am an apostate.

• adamah
    adamah

Gary Neal said-

noun: apostate; plural noun: apostates 1. person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.

Oh, I'm aware of how they feel they have the right to redefine words to suit their needs for their believers. That's no accident: it's a trait shared by self-righteous and pious high-control groups acting in the name of God, and it's not a new concept to anyone who's read George Orwell's '1984', i.e. whomever controls and defines the words of a language controls the thoughts of the populace or group. It's good to point out those differences to your wife, but it's tough as she'll just likely blow it off and deny it has any effect on her (although it's a subtle and pervasive means to control, as subtle as the serpent was in the Garden).

Adam

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

It's definitely about not putting masks on, at the hall you have to make sure to put on the right one before you enter.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sometimes you gotta be real and let the Witness know how you really feel. It sounds like you got through the programming.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I feel for you, Brother Garyneal. Ordinarily, I wouldn't recommend engaging too much in these conversations as winning an argument can push the JW back to hardcore JW beliefs. But it seems you managed to make your point.

• manda63
    manda63

I would be a little cautious on this one as I did a similar thing -question to much and she will get help from the elders who will give "extra help,extra advice" and will do more to isolate her from you and anybody else that doesnt have the Team GB banner. If you are known to know or talk to Apostates you will bring on even more special caring attention. I will no longer allow publications out on show nor will I allow Elders into our home while I am in but it has caused alot of unrest and pain in our marriage becouse all the time it looks in her eyes as if im in the wrong for not accepting Jehovah GB God. But friend I Hope things turn out ok for you both. Incidently I was told by the first Apostate(dedicated christian) "George" I met in the earlly 80`s who lost his faith in the Organisation during the 70`s teachings, he explained that he believed the Generations Idea to be false but when he questioned it the trouble began - if you are told to plant turnips upside down etc,he went on to say that the Organisation would not be happy until the main men had achieved Pope like status which as we can now see the famous eight have now achieved. Hopefully George has lived long enough to see his own Prophecy to be true and complete. I was told at the same time by Witness friends? that I needed to not bother about Pensions,Education for my sons nor would they be getting to an age to marry etc becouse we were that close to the End time! -My sons -They both did get married,the world didnt end which is good but unfortunatly I now have no pension to spend when I retire becouse the Kindly advice given was of course all UNTRUE. So George you can see was a good wise man and strangely enough the most truthful- thought all Apostates were evil and bad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit