OUTLAW

Voting in Watchtower World..

All In Favour Say Aye!..

All Against..

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1063867/shut-the-fuck-up-o.gif

.............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• tiki
    tiki

wow outcast.....no doubt what that dude has to say.

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

I don't have he guts to say it, but our cong can't afford a higher contribution. I just saw our accounts report for last month, $0.31 left in the account at the end of the month. I wish someone would raise thier hand and ask if we can currently afford to make this resolution.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Everybody knows it's going to pass.

So true. All in favor? All hands flapping wildly in the air. Even the two and three year olds. Any opposed? No hands.

All the abstainers are not counted. Well I guess it is unanimous then.

What the hell?

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I say pass the resolution and then stop contributing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Then the call to raise your hand

The only way to vote against their resolution is with your checkbook.

DO NOT put any $$$$ in the contribution boxes.

Sure someone else will probably pay up to meet the expenses, but at some point that won't happen and maybe they will take notice.

Doc

• Scully
    Scully

In most businesses, whenever a meeting is held, an agenda with details of resolutions is provided ahead of time so that people can understand the issue, the financial commitments or whatever they are expected to agree to. It gives people the opportunity to do some research and formulate questions that come up before actually going to a vote.

The WTS doesn't do things this way because (a) most JWs don't know how "normal" businesses operate in the first place, (b) they don't want anyone questioning their 'resolutions' - they just want trained seals to put forth a motion, second it and then put it to a vote. And then all the trained seals get to clap at how clever they are.

clapping seals

Meanwhile, at WTS HQ, this is the actual plan:

clubbing seals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The crucial part is putting your hand up immediately after the CoBe (presiding overseer) reads the begging letter from London Branch and confidently declares that "the body of elders wish to put a proposal to the congregation - that we send £XXXXX out of our congregation funds to support the building costs of our new Branch complex."

He shouldn't be allowed time to say, "All those in favour". Get in first, and sit nearer the front so that he will be too embarassed to refuse to ask you what's on your mind, because everyone will see your hand raised!

• rmt1
    rmt1

Huh. I can't think of a more Seig Heil moment. You can dodge field service. You can dodge elders. You can dodge phone calls. If you're pinned in a chair, you are pinned, covered and checkmated by the economy of gazes of your concentration camp inmates. Failing to salute the Fuhrer GB is self-marking from the non-podium. It is enforced complicity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit