Passing a resolution a painful experience

by stillin 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

Everybody knows it's going to pass. Nobody ever asks if possibly that much money for the circuit overseer's whatever isn't a bit too much, or whatever else the congregation is being asked to agree to. Then the call to raise your hand if in favor of doing the "right thing." it's peer pressure at it's finest.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

All it takes is for one person to ask a pertinent question! It's amazing how that courage can open some people's minds.

I look forward to the coming requests for "contributions" for the new London Branch.

I vow to ask why it is not being self-financed and vote against the proposal!

• stillin
    stillin

Lol, Searcher. Anybody hear that pin drop?

• losingit
    losingit

I always asked questions afterwards, when it was already too late. It would be great if for once someone asked a question ahead of time. Good luck!

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

It's interesting how they ask "all in favor" and the majority raises their hands "sheep-mindedly"

They don't bother to ask "all against" in my congregation, nor others I've visited.

It's taken for granted that there's always a majority in favor so there's no need to see if any are against.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I always was shocked at those who questioned these resolutions. What were they thinking? Are they questioning the wisdom of Jehovah's spirit appointed elders?

Now I know that they just had a brain and were probably partoff the conscious class.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Someone should just stand up after the resolution and say "OH HELL NO"

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It would be great to raise you hand and make a motion that the resolution be tabled until the Watchtower Society demonstrates, in the form of a detailed financial report, why it is in need of further donations from the flock, especially in light of the recent sell-off of multi million dollar NY realestate and the closure of Kingdom Halls and Branch offices world wide.

• paladin
    paladin

We had a financial resolution back in February this year and I refused to put up my hand for or against. Well I got a taste of shunning after the meeting. The WT$ makes me sick. It's all about dollars and numbers.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

"Peer pressure"... so true.

I wonder what would happen if they changed the process to ballot voting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit