I was not only just not invited, I was sent an uninvited letter..seriously?!

by freedom2bme 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

A big warm welcome freedom2bme!

What chicken little said, plus let your sister know you are there for her when she needs you.

You already know from experience that her little arrangement is something of a religiously inspired folly - in time she might come to the same conclusion.

Greetings

Fernando

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

SInce you have so many replies now, while your posts are limited (in the beginning of your membership), try compound posts- answer several people in one post so as not to use one post on one thought.

Example:

John123, thanks for your thought.

Sally456, I agree.

TomLGBT, can you tell me more?

OnTheWayOut, duh!!!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Hi freedom2bme:

Welcome. It is painful and I feel for you. A turning point in life is to be refused to be emotionally blackmailed by others - regardless of how well intentioned they claim to be. If they cannot accept you as you are, take it as a sign to move on with your life. You deserved better than to be forced to be someone you are not. As for your soon-to-be brother-in-law, he may well come running to you one day - but ultimately has to accept responsibility for his choices.

• clarity
    clarity

Freedom ....... hi.

You do know that you are welcome here .... right?

>

So stop awhile..... & clear your head.

>

>

I agree with Backseatdevil ........ too many erratic vibes going on.

>

>

Basically, in life there are only two things ... love & fear!

>

What are you acting from ....... love ..........or fear?

>

If you know, it will simplify everything.

>

>

Take your time ............armageddon is not coming

wishing you the best

clarity

• laverite
    laverite

OTWO wrote: " Maybe others help will be a bit better." Not likely. OTWO nailed it.

Freedom2beme: Welcome! There's some good advice here. I couldn't possibly improve on anything OTWO wrote. Reread his post. Truly excellent advice.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Your problem is common. Altho I gave up trying to please family as a rational matter, it still hurts when I am rejected. Family is family, the ties are strong. You are her brother when she needs one. Similar situations exist in my family. Frankly, I don't know what to say on a practical basis. Jesus spoke about loving your enemies. He socialized with tax collectors, Pharisees, and prostitues. Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute, however. We were never taught much about the NT. We dwelled in early OT.

Welcome. This forum has helped me explore my feelings concerning the Witnesses with other survivors. As a gay man, you are much better off without them. Do you truly believe Jesus would condemn gays if he were alive today I don't.

• freedom2bme
    freedom2bme

Thanks again to all of you for the warm welcomes,encouraging words and advice. It helps so much to be able to write down all of what has and is happening, knowing there are so many of you here that have had similar experiences. Now that the wedding day has come and gone I feel somewhat of a sense of relief. I'm leaning now towards a sabbatical from my family and just focusing on myself, healing all my wounds and dealing with issues that for so many years I just suppressed and ignored...it has taken a toll obviously on my overall well-being, emotional growth and progress. It almost feels like I'm going through the greiving process with the isolation,anger and depression I'm feeling. I have a dr's appointment on Thursday this week and I know he will want to prescribe anti-depressants for me. I'm of the mindset that these are way over prescribed...if any of you have experience with them or have any alternative course of action, it would be very much appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit