Questions to ask the Dub at your door

by ozziepost 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea
    If I became a Jehovahs Witness and got baptized into your faith and later on decided to leave because I was unhappy,would their be any sanctions against me,would I be shunned or ostracized or treated as an outcast?
    They assured me unhesitatingly that this would definately not be the case.

I asked this same question and got the same exact response. I'm not/never have been a witness but have studied with them for many years but never been baptized. After coming to this site and reading the stories about being DF'd and DA'd, I posed this question to my "study partners" and they responded the same way.

Is this a lie?

I assumed that it probably (as with most orgs/religions) varies from congregation to congregation...that naturally some congs will be stricter and some more "laid back". I don't know.

I also asked the question (and it is a good one):
    "If say you didn't believe in 1914 for example, would you continue to teach it in the field ministry? Would you just avoid talking about it altogether OR would you just pretend that you agreed with the teaching and disregard your true feelings on the matter?" (In other words, would they LIE?)

The response was:
    "If I truly believe that Jehovah is using this organization, then I would trust in their teachings." (In other words, they would lie.)

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
    -Walter Kerr

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Bona Dea,

Yes, that reply given you about being free to leave the Dubs is a LIE. Absolutely false. It's not a local thing either but worldwide the elders are instructed to DA or DF an ex-JW for any supposed unChristian conduct that they commit after they have left.

Therefore if a Dub left the org and started to attend a church, they would automatically be viewed as DA. That's their policy. See the Elders' Manual.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Questions to ask the Dub at your door...

1. What are you doing at my home?

2. Do you enjoy annoying the hell out of me?

3. Hey! Why do you folks keep bringing me these coasters? I have plenty already.

4. What in hell are you trying to sell me now?

5. Hey, are you the people who protect child molesters?

6. Did you folks not see the NO TRESPASSING sign?

• Angst
    Angst

You guys must all have attended different service meetings than I did because I was taught that when someone posed a question that was intended to trip you up and say something that was contradictory to the WTS teaching you were to politely excuse yourself, for that person was directed by satan to waste your time and that there were other "sheep" that wanted to hear gods word.

• LB
    LB
    If I became a Jehovahs Witness and got baptized into your faith and later on decided to leave because I was unhappy,would their be any sanctions against me,would I be shunned or ostracized or treated as an outcast?
    They assured me unhesitatingly that this would definately not be the case.

Cornish this has me as upset with JW's as anything to be honest. I asked exactly that while I was studying with an elder. I was also lied to then.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LB, didn't you know? When a person is not a JW, they do not deserve the truth. The JWs use the verse that says give the truth to those owing. If you are not a JW they can lie to you.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • troubled
    troubled

1. How come Jesus kicked Satan out of heaven in October 1914, at the end of the Gentile Times, when Satan had started WW1 to distract attention from the KIngdom's establishment around July 1914 ?

Whether Christ kicked Satan out of heaven at the beginning of WWI or 3 months later doesn't strike me as a big deal. Why would you ask that particular question? I'm assuming it would be to introduce doubt about the validity of the year 1914. That wouldn't do it, since other Bible prophecies also point to that year.

2. Who was the Faithful & Discreet Slave BEFORE 1914? Who was it around the year (pick any date) ?

The Bible doesn't indicate that there has ALWAYS been a "faithful and discreet slave" on the earth. After the removal of the last God-appointed human king on earth, Bible prophecy indicated there would be no divine rulership until "He comes who has the legal right, and I shall give it to him" (Christ - 1914+). Then after Christ's enthronement, he would appoint a "faithful slave" to dispense spiritual food. (Post-1914).

3. If Jesus came in 1914, why do you still have the Memorial, because the Bible tells us to do it "until he arrives" ? (1 Cor 11:26)

Jesus was enthroned in heaven in 1914, but has not "arrived" in the sense of bringing Armageddon and ushering in the new system.

• troubled
    troubled

to top

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day troubled,

I assume you are a WTS apologist, so I will respond this time only:

Whether Christ kicked Satan out of heaven at the beginning of WWI or 3 months later doesn't strike me as a big deal. Why would you ask that particular question? I'm assuming it would be to introduce doubt about the validity of the year 1914. That wouldn't do it, since other Bible prophecies also point to that year.
    Which Bible prophecies? I notice you use the word "point" rather than "state". A typical WTS device. Which teaching of Jesus could you show?

The Bible doesn't indicate that there has ALWAYS been a "faithful and discreet slave" on the earth.
    Then what is the point of his statement of reassurance found at Matthew 28:20 "And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things" ?

Jesus was enthroned in heaven in 1914, but has not "arrived" in the sense of bringing Armageddon and ushering in the new system.
    Straight out of the publications! But where does it state that in scripture?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• og
    og

My question: While claiming to speak in God's name and to be his sole channel, the Watchtower Society has often made dogmatic predictions about the future, without once being right. What definition of false prophecy does this not fit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit