will they install credit card readers for the agm?

by hoser 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

@sir82 - Only those going are given the badge and the instructions. They are not to be shared around.

Splash

• sir82
    sir82

I think maybe splash is not in the USA.

In the USA (or at least in this part of the USA), all JWs are invited - no badge required (and thus no instructions).

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

ADCMS, thank you for posting those articles. I vividly remember the time when the WTBT$ highly discouraged credit card debt and lambasted the Catholic church for installing credit card machines. The view was that this was proof that the Catholic Church is greedy -interested in donations more than anything else. JWS are becoming more and more Catholic.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Here in The Netherlands the Society started with credit anf bankcards. It became succesfull. Fot one reason they removed the cardreaders one year and then again they wete again availble.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes! These people arn't the amish after all, they are open to new technology as long as it don't say anything bad about Jehovah they are ok with it.

They may be way behind the in the times about some bronze age vengeful Deity and his promise to destroy and rule the world. But they must stay up to date with the money making possiblilities as this becomes availible. They are desperate for money after losing millions in lawsuits past and present with an even bleeker future starring them right in the face, they want to cash in as much as they can to survive this finacial down turn as a corporation.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

3rdgen: they are definitely becoming more catholic!

With the new teaching about a rapture for the annointed, they are making a big shift toward one world religion.

• seenitall
    seenitall

Many of the "new" teachings in the 7/15 tower are just that - adjustments to what mainstream religions believe. The rapture prior to the big A. Seperating of sheep and goats at a later time period. Christ coming in power with signs - time period adjustments.

Mnay bible scholars (ex: Matthew Henry and others) wrote exact wording used in that study article - his statements were written in 1706! Many of Russells beliefs and Rutherfords commendation against the Catholic Church were also exact statements from others also.

My 2 cents.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Credit card donantions are part of the nu-lite. Listen obey and be blessed (LOABB). When there are pictures of paper donations in the washtowel, all publishers sing the tune in their head of LOABB.

When they donate they feel warm and fuzzy they are being obedient. What a load of LOABB I say

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Other churches are doing it with great success... The Watchtower certainly does not want to fall behind...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit