will they install credit card readers for the agm?

by hoser 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

more speculation, why not?

Will they install credit card readers so the faithful, but cashless, can contribute?

hoser

• sir82
    sir82

Most if not all locations tied into the AGM are JW Assembly Halls, virtually all of which have credit card stations.

Why would they put away the machines for this meeting?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Bit behind the 8 ball on that one mate. It's already happened.

• Splash
    Splash

But there are instructions that the credit card machines will not be available during the AGM, so to bring cash or checks instead.

Splash

• sir82
    sir82
    there are instructions that the credit card machines will not be available during the AGM, so to bring cash or checks instead.

Where are these instructions to be found? I have not heard anything remotely close to that.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

While Watchtower tells JWs to avoid credit card debt for personal benefit, WT has no problem making it easier for JWs to create more debt for Watchtower's benefit:

"Although there are circumstances when going into debt may seem unavoidable, those who take on unnecessary debt just to buy something they want will often find themselves shackled to a very heavy financial millstone. This can be especially true when credit cards are used. Time magazine stated: "Once we’ve got our card in hand, our behavior becomes riddled with irrationalities." Eric, who lives in the Philippines, says: "When I use a credit card, I often purchase more than when I use cash. It ruins my budget when I have to pay the bill." How wise it is to be very, very careful in using easy credit!"

(W 6-1-2011, p.10)

"The real danger in credit cards lies in the hardships and suffering that come if you fall deep into debt. The Credit Jungle notes that "countless people who are able to resist the temptation to buy luxurious goods and services they can’t afford when paying cash, are totally helpless to resist temptation when they have a credit card in their hands." (Awake! 12-8-93, p. 27)

And, the REAL reason why ATM's are now in assembly halls:

Awake! December 8, 1973

issue on page 29, under ‘Watching the World’:

Church Money

Some religious organizations are going to new ends to acquire money. The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church in Buffalo, New York, now accepts credit cards, not just cash donations. One finance committee member says: "A church can’t survive on 50-cent [cash] donations." Credit-card donations are up to $30. Admission is now being charged visitors to London’s thirteenth-century Salisbury Cathedral. A London Observer article calls this "a last-ditch attempt to find a way of meeting the desperate need for funds.

• Splash
    Splash

@sir82 - Like the invitation tickets that "MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES", these instructions are closely guarded.

Splash

• sir82
    sir82
    Like the invitation tickets that "MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES", these instructions are closely guarded.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why have instructions that JWs should bring "cash or checks"...if none of them are ever told they should bring "cash or checks"?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Would be funny if all the publishers started carrying one of those phone credit card reader/adaptesr, and started taking credit cards payments at the door.

• hoser
    hoser

we don't have cc readers at the ass halls in the great white north. I guess we're behind the times. I was wondering if they'd put them in for this occasion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit