New Watchtower video on "real friends"

by cedars 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sChOpnECog

It's difficult to imagine how this video could be more disingenuous and hypocritical. I don't know where to begin.

Cedars

• jemba
    jemba

So weird. No KH or preaching in it. Had to check I was watching the right video. Reminded me of something off Sesame Street.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They're coming across less churchy, probably because of all the flack Sparlock copped. My reading of this video: I didn't watch all of it, but I saw enough to see that true friends are generally white Anglo culture people, and ALWAYS the same gender as you. A true friend is also what the wt isn't: giving, forgiving, and respecting of diversity. They are people you can do fun things with, but they don't smoke or have tattoos.

Overall, I think it's a nice, very general cartoon that looks a bit like an Australian bank ad. It could be used outside of a jw context in a Christian middle school pastoral care context.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Nice video.

• besty
    besty

very slick - they are changing their game - GB 2.0 indeed :-)

The Internet is a two-edged sword and the Watchtower is very late to our party...

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

How to "be there for them even when times get tought" if he/she gets DFS?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It is a good video.

• cedars
    cedars

Oh yes - I should mention that it's a great video! I only wish all the comments it makes about friendship could be applied to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Cedars

• steve2
    steve2

A lovely slice of impression management but beware: No matter how charmingly inhabitable and comfortable the house looks in the real estate commercials, get it fully checked by a registered building inspector before finalizing the purchase.

• dozy
    dozy

Just see how real these "friendships" are if you express any doubt about the WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit