New Watchtower video on "real friends"

by cedars 45 Replies latest jw friends

• 88JM
    88JM

Wow couldn't believe when I heard the line: "you deserve better than that"

I somehow doubt we will be hearing that one from the platform any time soon - since when did a JDUB deserve anything?

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

I still have smoke coming out of my ears! Grrr! My daugher cried on the half hour drive home from every freakin' meeting throughout her teen years, because of the cliques. I didn't have a friendship that meant anything to me until I was in my mid-forties (I am having lunch with her today.) To survive in dubland, you have to put up with the users and abusers and stay far away from the gossips. This video does not represent what goes on in any KH I have every attended.

• Emery
    Emery

Just miss a month or 2 worth of meetings and see how solid these JW friends are.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

in of itself the video is nice. Where your "disingenuous and hypocritical" comment comes in is for what is NOT in the video, that is that only JW's are "good" friends, and nice "non-JW's" are not good friends either.

Branch out sure, but only inside the congregation since everyone in the world are bad association.

"you deserve better than that"

yes.... you deserve friends that will police you and report any independant thinking or thoughts of college/university to the elders so they can quickly act to recondition your thought process to align with the agenda of the WTS

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Indeed, there must be a marketing plan made by people with higher education

They are changing the game. Adopt generaly known values and put these values in the market if they are your own!

Cedars is right, it's hypocretical when you view it from the kingdomhall point of view. Real friends - in good and bad times - are hard to find in JW country.

So, a good quality animation...

• latinthunder
    latinthunder

This proves that the Watchtower understands what true friendship entails, but then actively denies it to their membership by being a high control group. A true friend DOES let you "be yourself" and the Jehovah's Witnesses are a group designed to rip away individuality and replace it with groupthink. They said it best, "Don't just settle for a clone of yourself." If you want true friends, don't be a JW, good message!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

That was Watchtower weird. About par for the Watchtower to use a shallow cartoon to talk about friendship. One thing the Watchtower did say that was correct, was that 1 good friend is better than 100 fake (JW) friends.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Strange, they didn't mention that true friends "shun" their friends. (JW kind of love, in hope that the shunned one will eventually change and correct their life.) Ugh.

• knows better
    knows better

if your not a witness then your not their friends.. simple. i can vomit when they say "acquiantance"..

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

I wonder if that cartoon writer really did it "live", or if it has been edited afterwards....?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit