New Awake magazine goes after the media

by cedars 36 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Lol, just an off topic point I noticed in that magazine - Watching the world: Between 5 to 10 percent of long-term unemployed remove university degrees and professional experiences from their resumes because these make job applicants seem overqualified.

oh my goodness

I can't believe they are saying that......

I didn't take note at the time how small minded they are with comments like that. What country are they refrering to? What job market? What degrees? In africa are 10% of peoole removing degrees from CV's? They are such a western orientated, closed minded group. My sister was talking about our economy and how it is a sign of the times.... I asked her about china's booming economy and that of africa and australia? The average JW is so small minded and selfish in their world view.....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems the Asleep! rag is encouraging independent thinking with the media. However, all they really want is for people to think how the news goes along with their own agenda. People should view the media as belonging to the Rockefellerian system, which is merely bent on protecting the status quo. Lying about so many things so they can create loss of freedom for us (9/11 is a prime example--there are so many videos that blatantly disprove the fact that the planes themselves brought down the towers that anyone watching the videos can see for themselves). And then going ahead and bashing anyone who even thinks the official story may be untrue as "not politically correct". In many countries, it is a major crime to even question the Holocaust--which is being used to extort other countries into giving up money and power. And it is "not politically correct" to question if new energy sources, cures for diseases, and food that is being poisoned on purpose are happening or being suppressed.

Seems that, if people would apply the same criteria to what the washtowel teaches, they might just find that it is full of lies. Yet, as society calls questioning the validity of major historical events "not politically correct" and many countries even make it a crime to debate such topics, the washtowel makes it a "crime" and a major sin to question its own validity. Were they actually inspired by anything more than men? Was the LIE-ble actually a book intended to enslave us all? Are they even adhering to their own LIE-ble as they claim? Is it really the truth when one doctrine contradicts another presented a few months earlier? Questioning whether they adhere to their own holy book, or whether that book is even beneficial, is their "questioning the Holocaust"--and the washtowel treats those who question such the same way.

• zound
    zound

Blast from the past.

Just wanted to point out a Watchtower article (march 1st 2003 WT) - I think released around the Dateline program???

We also need courage when opposers maneuver the media into spreading bad reports about God’s servants or when they try to restrict true worship by scheming “trouble by decree.” (Psalm 94:20) For example, how should we feel when newspaper, radio, or television reports about Jehovah’s Witnesses are distortions or outright falsehoods? Should we be shocked? No. We expect such things. (Psalm 109:2) And we are not surprised when some believe the published lies and distortions, since “anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word.” (Proverbs 14:15) Still, loyal Christians refuse to believe just any statement made about their brothers, and they certainly do not allow bad publicity to cause them to miss Christian meetings, to slow down in the field ministry, or to waver in their faith. On the contrary, they “recommend [themselves] as God’s ministers . . . through glory and dishonor, through bad report and good report; as [according to opponents] deceivers and yet [in reality] truthful.”

• Scott77
    Scott77
    So relieved that I no longer follow this cult anymore.
    Emery

Oho good god, I share the same sentiment. No amount of 'logical reasoning' will sway me to their deception. It is fair for the Watchtower to quote itself?

Scott77

• cedars
    cedars

Here is my article on this Awake issue for any who are interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/new-awake-magazine-urges-healthy-skepticism-of-the-media

Cedars

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I wish they'd go somewhere and shut da fuck up! Or maybe the Taliban can blow up the Headquarters. something! JESUS!

• satinka
    satinka

And Armageddon's still a'comin'!

Ever.since.the.1800s!

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit