New Awake magazine goes after the media

by cedars 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It is embarrasing to see them criticize everyone but themselves.

• Zoos
    Zoos

When the tone of a news item is angry, spiteful, or highly critical, it suggests that an attack is under way and not a reasoned argument.

Did this make anyone stop and reminisce about the Human Apostates talk from this year's DC?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Have to say that if the magazine mentioned Murdoch, Fox, The Sun, The Daily Mail, The Express etc. then I would be inclinded to agree ;-)

• losingit
    losingit

Cedars-- are you going to come out with an article in which you apply Awake's criteria to their own literature?

• blondie
    blondie
    We attempt to document every fact, figure, and quotation.

But we won't supply the source, the person, the age of the information....one scholar....a famous psychologist....a bible commentary...

• cedars
    cedars

losingit

Cedars-- are you going to come out with an article in which you apply Awake's criteria to their own literature?

Not a bad idea! I'm undecided at the moment precisely what to do with this. I've only just recently done an article on Watchtower ramping up the paranoia among JWs. It seems they are doing this to such an extent I can barely keep up, at least at the moment.

When it comes to finding material to write about, they do all the hard work for me. I'm spoilt for choice.

Cedars

• wasblind
    wasblind

But we won't supply the source, the person, the age of information....One scholar........a famous pschologist.......a Bible commentary....____Blondie

Unless his Name is " Andre "

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You are forgetting the rigorous fact-checking that goes into every WT and Awake article before it hits the presses! What you see is trustworthy and 100% accurate.

" The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.—Isa. 54:13." WT 9/15/2010 OOPS... http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/253299/1/ANOTHER-DISHONEST-QUOTE-FROM-CHRISTS-BROTHERS#.UkSzC9KsiSo

• zound
    zound

This pretty much fits every criteria of the child abuse video they produced themselves wherein they used a highly edited, 10 year old, out of context interview with a therapist (whom they called a Doctor). They withdrew it after the therapist took action against the deception.

Full story here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/148574/1/They-WT-took-me-out-of-context-Gail-Bethea-Jackson-video#.UkS0jDlig28

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

While it is wise not to believe everything we read in the news, it does not follow that there is nothing we can trust. The key may be to have a healthy skepticism, while keeping an open mind.

What the heck, the DC program had a whole part on how skepticism is bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit