Due to Oct 5th WT Biz Meet all meetings for that week are cancelled

by illoowy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nochoice
    nochoice

This is absolutely NOT the case in my area. Only Sunday is canceled. I was told that was direction in a letter although I am not privy to it. It sounds like your KH is taking liberties. Wish mine was too!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Well, I was always happy. You can start counting!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I will kick in my wild speculations, reminding y'all that they are just that.

This is an "assembly" and they are raising the importance of attendance by cancelling other meetings like mid-week meetings the same as they now do for any other assemblies.

They don't want anyone putting money in the contribution box at the local Kingdom Hall that week before arriving with that same money in their pocket for the annual business meeting.

Beyond that, I could speculate that they are going to change "assemblies" to include this annual meeting, maybe replacing the Special Day Assembly with this.

But it's certainly going to be a pitch for needed revenue for the pedophile defense fund worldwide work.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Well, thats just for us or canada.

Here in Switzerland and Germany no one even cares or knows that there will be an annual meeting and that there will be probably some news.

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

It's just the weekend meeting canceled. It's on the back board in the letter about the AGM.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Not the case in the UK

• Splash
    Splash

In the UK there will be MS's taking our sunday meeting.

I got my list of instructions for attending the Annual Meeting recently. My favourite instruction is that the credit card machines will not be manned so contributions will only be possible with cash or cheques.

Splash

• stillin
    stillin

I read the letter on the board. Yes, only the Sunday meeting is displaced; the Wt will be covered at the AGM.

Also, unbaptised are invited.

• steve2
    steve2

All meetings for that week have been cancelled. "Joy Joy Joy!"

Sorry: Mistake: Midweek meetings have not been cancelled. "Groan, Groan, Groan"

Latest update: All meetings for that week have indeed been cancelled. "Joy Joy Joy!"

Sorry again: Midweek meetings have absolutely not been cancelled. "Groan, Groan, Groan"

"You've messed with my mind so much I'm now too sick to go to the meetings that week."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just cancel them all, permanently. I hope plenty of people miss the one that doesn't get called off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit