Due to Oct 5th WT Biz Meet all meetings for that week are cancelled

by illoowy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• illoowy
    illoowy

I was informed that due to Oct 5th WT Biz Meet all meetings for that week are cancelled,

I asked if the mid week meeting was also and was told yes, because of the Assembly.

It seems there's an overload of Theocratic alternative banqueting feasts available so

that the regular menu at the KH is not necessary for that week.

• rocketman
    rocketman

A lot of Wtnesses will rejoice at some time off.

• sir82
    sir82

I know the Sunday meetings are cancelled, but this is the first I've heard of the midweek being cancelled also.

Very surprising that there has been no announcement or letter indicating this, if it really is the case.

Maybe your local BOE took it upon themsleves to take advantage of the excuse to cancel the midweek meeting also?

• flipper
    flipper

I've been off the JW scene without attending meetings for 10 years now. Is this cancellation of meetings so JW's can tie into the October business meeting happening all over the world in all congregations ? Seems interesting to me the GB and WT leaders would arrange this- I wonder what kind of begging for $$$$ and financial groveling they are going to do at this meeting ? I'm suspecting it's one of he reasons they are tying in lots of JW's - to put the allegedly " urgent " call out for monetary donations. Hey- With all the child abuse cases going against the WT Society right now- an organization has gotta do what an organization has gotta do- right ? Really weird. Freaking weirdos

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Anyone here attending or are we all persona non grada.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Is that only for the US or worldwide? Wondering how they would transmit this through different time zones.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Interesting. No one will miss the mid-week meeting I am sure, except for the self-righteous or socially needy.

Makes me go further to wonder. I didn't think ever that the "congregation book study" would ever be dropped (I know it was merged into the TSM and SM) Could the TMS and SM ever be dropped also, I mean, merged to Sunday? I mean, couldn't the Watchtower still have their '5 meetings' choke hold all held on one day as well? How far back was it when the organization only had Sunday meetings? (Sorry, maybe this should be for another thread?)

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    A lot of Wtnesses will rejoice at some time off.

Yeah. I always wondered how many witnesses were secretly happy whenever a meeting got called off.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Yeah. I always wondered how many witnesses were secretly happy whenever a meeting got called off.

more than would ever admit it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit