South Park does a whole skit on jeHovahs Witnesses

by Praise YaHuWaH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You can watch it at SouthPark's website at http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s17e01-let-go-let-gov

I am watching it now because of this thread.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

"You shouldnt go around showing people pictures of little girls with their heads on fire!" - Butters.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So I finished watching. It was just okay. It went beyond that scene.

There was an underlying secondary theme also. The JW's and one of the main characters sat down with a "householder" to explain "the truth" to him, but now they thought it was a completely different truth (about the government and the DMV). They had the "householder" read some pamphlet and then they explained what they thought it meant.

It was pretty much just like studying with the JW's- read a pamphlet or printed material and let them tell you what it means and what you need to do about it.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

had some pretty funny parts in there :D

that scene where they study the pamphlet...

but yeah, they mixed it a lot with evangelicals. which probably is what people view JWs like anyway.

• Violia
    Violia

i clicked the blue link ( praise put up ) and it takes me to a page that tries to force me to fill out a survey before I can watch it. My malwarebytes identifies it as a malicious site .

I tired the link that is not blue, )( OTWO put up) and it takes me to the NASA spoof that south park did. It was great, the little blonde boy is praying to the government and B. Obama. lol

anyone got the episode number or whatever to see this?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

the NSA episode is the one we are talking about (Let Go, Let Gov)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Viola, that is the episode. The primary theme is about the NSA, National Security Agency, spying on people and knowing everything about you.

There is a sub-theme of deciding that since the government knows everything about you, you might as well go to them and confess- at the DMV.
    The JW's call on the main character and get to believing that same thing.

It is not a "JW episode" like they have done with Mormons and Scientologists. They are just a small part of what's going on.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That was my first South Park episode. I didn't know they could talk like that on TV-is it on a cable channel or ??

Excuse my cluelessness, I don't watch tv anymore and the tv I did watch was pretty much Alton Brown on the Food Network:)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I didn't know they could talk like that on TV

I highly recommend 'Sons of Anarchy' on FX.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit