Which KHall Did You Go To Or Visit, That Had The Nicest People, (Like JW's Are Supposed To Be?)

by LoisLane looking for Superman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Laika
    Laika

Congregation in Tokyo, was treated like a celebrity, even got invited to a wedding!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I concur with hoser.

Once the top clique discover you are low status you are dropped like a hot potato. It's all fake. The low cliques muddle on best they can associating with other but I only ever formed one proper friendship and even when our JW statuses changed (her d'fd, we still spoke, me, apostate and we still speak) so it's a proper friendship in my book but the only one I ever made.

But, if she ever started pressuring me to go back to the KH or wanted me to drop my exjw friends she would lose.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

The nicest and warmest congregation I have visited was the one I went to in jeans and t-shirt

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Your question reminds me of when I used to visit my mom and siblings.

They would sit there and go on and on (and on and on...) about how nice the people were at the KH where they were now attending - unlike the last one.

Forgetting that six months prior, at my last visit, they were crowing about the KH that they were attending - unlike the last one.

It seems that for some reason, they would go through KHs every 6 months or so, and move on to a new one.

Not sure why. It may have had something to do with my older sister being a deaf interpreter. She can be a bit caustic, and perhaps she ticked off the folks in charge or something.

From what I understood, there was a lot of political stuff involved with the deaf and the interpreters.

Anyway, they would always have a 'new congregation we are attending' story everytime whenever I would visit. I would just sit there, nod and smile - while inside I was busting a gut laughing, because they were putting down the previous KH they used to go to, that not more than 6 months prior, they were singing their praises.

San Antonio had a large number of KH congregations when I used to go... 20... 30? (I don't remember exactly), and I know that they have more now. I would wonder how long it would take to rotate through all of them, if you only stayed 6 months at each one. By the time you rotated back to the first one, there would be new people there, and you could start all over again.

• hoser
    hoser

The last hall I attended as a long term visitor was really nice to me until I told them that my best friend was a fader with a beard in their congregation. They were shunning me by association. lol

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I know they exist--somewhere. I have heard stories of KH's filled with warm, kind and loving Bros and sis'. A friend of mine transferred to one of those halls and claims to be happy.( Which is not good for waking up.)

Anyway,

I was told a story by sister Bethelite about 2 families who for different reasons transferred to several halls over the years. One family were unhappy in whatever hall they transferred to. And the secone family were always happy at everyKH they attended.

.Sister Bethelite explained the reason that one family was unhappy and another was very HAppY was that wherever they went they always brought their baggage ( attitudes) with them. If you want to have a positive experience, be positive.

So basically the moral of the story is the onus was not on us as a congregation to be friendly, show love, be kind, empathetic, sincere, etc., but on one's own individual attitude they bring to the congregation!!!

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

I don't know, the majority of the Kingdom Halls we visted were too busy shaking hands with their own kind while new people walked out the door without anyone talking to them. Kingdom Halls are not like the Mormon Church, the LDS church invited me over for lunch my first visit, try getting that treatment at the Kingdum Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit