Red light camera ticket

by sspo 22 Replies latest social current

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Last week I was stopped at a red light.

The light turned green for me, but I turned my head left to make sure, the driver's were all stopped like they were supposed to be.

The jerk, next to the curb in his big truck, sped through that intersection doing at least 50 mph.

If I had not hesitated and looked left first, and saw to my horror, do NOT step on the gas,

I would have been one mangled and very dead red spot on the Blvd.

LoisLane

I hope that there was a camera at that Intersection and he received a very large fine.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

@Tenyearsafter:

I'd be careful Jamiebowers...if you get stopped for a traffic violation and they run your name, it is very likely you will have a warrant in the system for FTA (failure to appear) for not paying the ticket or going to court/administrative hearing to fight it. If that is the case, you will have the embarrassing experience of ending up in handcuffs and going to be booked for the warrant. Depending on the court, some of these warrants are "no bail", and thus require you to appear before a magistrate. I would check with the courts and see what the status of that ticket is.

Not in Ohio... http://www.city-data.com/forum/cleveland/677633-got-photo-clicked-speeding-ticket-cleveland.html

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

On the way to work this morning at 5:30, I was the only vehicle on the road. I saw the yellow, gunned it, it turned red before I made

the stop line. Saw the strobe flash behind me from the red light camera.

I've been researching it and it is $100 civil penalty. If I don't pay it, they can't do anything to me. Doesn't go on my record as they don't

know who was driving. I will also try to time the yellow light to see if it is too short. That is the problem in many cities, they shorten the

yellow lights below regulation to catch people. The ordinace does say "The placement of control devices and timing of yellow lights and red light clearance intervals shall conform to the most recent edition of the Traffic Engineering Handbook. It shall be presumed that the city is in compliance with this section unless the contrary is shown by a preponderance of the evidence."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit