Do you have any "one-liners" for drive-by witnessing?

by Faithful Witness 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Searcher, that is the kind of questions they get really nervous over, thank you because I am writing my own set of tracts to hand out once I finish them. I love the group thinking or the collective wisdom we have to motivate each other to produce good material, the synergy of the group is able to produce more output vs the invididual thinkings!

My daughter who still attends had three freakshows tell her they were worried about me, she was livid and sarcastically said "Save it, you know his phone number and if you really wanted to know how he was doing, you would call or drive by and see him. Jehovah does not like dishonest people, save your lies for someone who is dumb enough to listen to you" She was angry because I did lots of free work for the worried friends checking up on me. It's possible for anyone to fade and not see your friends again until they need some computer help, help with termites, I use to trim trees and branches, worked on older model cars and small engine repair and eletricial for ten years with other construction trades. Sissy was so bitter to those friends asking about me loudly at the Kingdom Hall because she thought it was all for show, she ended up in the "Elders Room" for some counsel until the nice elders agreed the "friends mean well but the "spirit is willing but the flesh is too weak to check up on all the friends we are losing so quickly!" I like your comments because most JWs are full of hot-air and big bags of wind, they don't care if you never come back, they are too busy looking for the next publisher who is going to take your place and all the hours they can count by seeking out new members while leaving the old ones in the dust! I want this truth to be known, we are a cult!

"We missed you at the meeting."

"Charming that you missed me. You have my number. Call me and we will go for coffee sometime." quoted by jgnat

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

you could read luke 21:8 in the new king james bible to a jw , reminding them that christ means anointed and then ask 'why do you think Jesus told mankind not to follow us??

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Hey Faithful Witness,

A couple of weeks ago, I read a post (sorry don't recall who or topic). They mentioned how they had simply spoken from a position of "all in " witness. In other words, they spoke with SOOOO much conviction that they almost sounded "brainwashed" to a brainwashed person. I think this is very good idea. Examples:

"Wow, I think the GB is SOOO right that secondary education is dangerous and can really harm our spirituality. We were talking about it the other night in family worship and it touched our heart SOOO much that my (husband/wife) and I decided that this really helps us see how Satan is in charge of what this world puts on TV and in books. Jehovah's spirit moved us to get rid of all our TV sets, our radios, video games, my (husband/wife) even started going through our bookshelves and getting rid of some of the novels our kids were reading. I mean, can you believe all the violence in Tom Sawyer?"

"I was shopping at Target the other day and just happened to pass by the TV displays, you know cause we don't have a TV at home anymore, Oh, and by the way, that has been a REAL blessing. Anyway, I was just SOOO frightened by what I was seeing. I mean, this whole Syria thing is getting SOOO out of hand. I mean, THEY could really be the King of the North now couldn't they? Anyway, when I went home my (husban/wife) and I were talking about it, and my (husband/wife) said that when they were driving home from work, listening to NPR, cause that's the only station we listen to, all the other ones are filled with so much depraved music, that (he/she) heard that the UN was planning on getting rid of religion! Can you believe that?!? We are SOOO deep in the last days. Anyway, in our Family Worship, we decided that we are both gonna quit our jobs and start pioneering. I know our little (son/daughter) needs medical attention because of their ??? but Jehovah will provide. I mean, its like the scripture says, "If there is someone sick among you, let him call the elders." I guess we better have their numbers on speed dial. Oh boy, I love this organization...everyone is just SOOO loving!"

Just a couple of examples, be creative....share.

SOP

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

That is an interesting approach. I'm afraid my sarcasm would come through... I wish I could pull that off. Haha.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Extreme zealousness (especially for the weirder aspects of JW ideology), with just enough over-the-top enthusiasm to make the needle twitch on the crazy meter; basically acting like the Glenn Beck of the WTS.

I've thought about this from time to time, but Faithful's right, it'd take a special (and truly dedicated) kind of individual to really pull it off.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

tim hooper - "Just ask to see the Scripture that refers to Jehovah's organisation."

Actually, I'm a little surprised that there wasn't some obscure scripture reworded accordingly in the New New Word Translation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit