Where Do You NOW Think Wickedness Comes From? The Devil or... ?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I think wickedness comes from evil people.

There are many people in between the two extremes of, overly good people and overly evil persons.

I do not believe in a Devil.

I think he is a concept dreampt up by evil ones to blame bad behavior, as a red herring, on anyone but themselves.

The WatchTower makes up attrocious lies, brow beats good people not to better themselves,

all the while, they are building their own empire.

They say, do not isiolate yourself. It is not good for you.

But if you don't agree with them and their current teachings, you will be shunned, disfellowshipped.

That can and does, have earth shattering results.

So many things, I was taught as a born in, are now considered apostate teachings.

Did the Devil teach me these things since infancy, and then to try my patience or intelligence, change things up?

Is the Devil involved with making the Governing Body our new Mediators?

To be considered a JW in good standing, you have to believe what the GB tells you to believe.

If the Bible doesn't change, can you trust these men, who keep changing JW doctrines?

Are the GB wicked men, or did the Devil make them do it?

LoisLane

• paladin
    paladin

Hi Lois. Wickedness does come from bad people in my opinion. If I am wrong then I stand to corrected.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I am a Christian but I don’t believe the Devil is a real person. Even good and bad/wickedness are probably badly thought out concepts. Most people who do bad think they are doing good, and many who think they are doing good are in reality trapped in a physical reality where good and bad are dependent on each other. So when one does a seemingly good act, it will result in a bad occurrence in time. Thus even someone who purposely does a bad thing for the purpose of bad, will also in time create something good as a result. In a way I guess that good and bad cancel each other out through time as both need each other to exist. Take one away if that were possible and the other would cease to be. I would say then that wickedness comes from whatever the difference is between the objective and subjective worlds, because without brains there is no good or bad, although there is entropy and order creation or more commonly called creation and destruction. When those two basic forces happen with people in the way, we say good or bad but only with people there. The difference between brains/people and the universe without brains is the same difference as there is between the objective and subjective worlds.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

What is wickedness, and what makes people bad/evil?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Lois:

Good question.

Personally, I feel that a fundamentalist Christian's belief in the Devil can border on plain old superstition. People do evil by whatever internal or external influences may prompt them. The Bible's tales of both demonic influence and possession seem unlikely to me now.

You live and you learn, but that doesn't mean you've experienced or know everything . . .

CHEERS!

CoCo

• exwhyzee
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It IS a good question! I don't know what to think about it. Geraldine said The Devil made me do it! A lot of people use that excuse. I don't feel convinced that there's a personality floating around trying to get humans to be bad. Maybe destructive power-hungry hateful bastards are just out of their minds!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Following on from Coco's comment, "wickedness" is in the eye of the beholder e.g. female cicumcision is considered wicked in the West (generally) but in some Islamic countries it is wicked NOT to be circumcised. Weeding out superstition is a great start. Basically though, we are our own gods. We have the ability to perform acts with positive or negative outcomes. When humans finally realise that we don't need spiritual mothers and fathers, gods and goddesses and that we ultimately are responsible for how our lives and in fact the planet turn out.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Lois, just plain stupid human IDIOTS who listen to other stupid idiots. Like I was just following orders! or its my

gang. Or people who just like to hurt other people because of their own hatefulness.

Where does wickedness come from? THEMSELVES....

insot4

• rmt1
    rmt1

In Soviet Russia, we isolate you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit