Kingdom Hall in Chile has National flag!!

by wolfman85 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• prologos
    prologos

how about flags, national icons, slogans on car license plates,?

There was a GM model with a dozen flag plaques with the name plate.

liberty or die?

je me souviens?

• truthseeker674
    truthseeker674

Prologos as a blockhead english canadian, I interpret, "je me souviens", as seen on quebec license plates to mean I remember. Am I wrong?

• Stealth
    Stealth

If this were a WT conspiracy, there would be flags in ALL of the kingdom halls in Chile, not just one. The fact that there is just one photo of one hall, does not prove anything, certainly not WT hypocrocy except possibly at the local level.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Steve I have to say that I am on your side on this one. There is absolutely no proof at all that this was the result of the witnesses, and I think for the frenzied crowd to be holding this up as an example of hypocrisy, makes them no better than the watchtower themselves. You can clearly see that the flag is on the outside of the window, so who ever done this had no internal access. It seems odd that on the exact same day that the BOE decide to put the national flag on the window, that some one who is an ex-JW just happens to walk by with a camera. Just cause their is a flag on the outside of the window proves nothing. Anybody could of walked off the street done it. I can think of a good example of this. There was a Jewish synoguge here that was spray painted with the nazi swaztika. Did this mean that this Jewish congregation had joined the Arian race, and had now embraced the concepts of nazi-isim??? NOT AT ALL!!! What it did mean however that some vindictive skinhead had decided to trespass the property and spray a slogan on the building. See the similarities. Sorry I aint buying that photograph.

• steve2
    steve2
    It seems odd that on the exact same day that the BOE decide to put the national flag on the window, that some one who is an ex-JW just happens to walk by with a camera. Just cause their is a flag on the outside of the window proves nothing.

Good points Joe!

Just cause their is a flag on the outside of the window proves nothing.

Although, the flag as shown in the photo does appear to be behind the security grill on the window. If it were put there by someone who shouldn't have put it there, it would be in front of the security grill, covering it over. Perhaps other posters can shed light on this one-off photo?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We can see the roof,an attic vent..

Outdoor Siding,an outdoor flood light..Grass and a sidewalk..

Which means we are outside,looking in..

What do we see "IN" the window Behind Bars and Glass Window?!..

A Chile Flag..

Who would be the most likely person to have access to the "InSide" of a Kingdom Hall?!

Maybe a JW?!!..

........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• wolfman85
    wolfman85
    You can clearly see that the flag is on the outside of the window, so who ever done this had no internal access.

wow , you have a super- vision!!!

• Simon
    Simon

We used to rent a hall and over Xmas it would have decorations up and a HUGE Xmas tree on the platform.

The look on visiting people's faces was priceless.

Even funnier was how everyone went 'AW' with disappointment when they took them down.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

The Chilean Flag – Serious Business on September 18

Hector Gutierrez September 17, 2012

The Chilean Flag – Serious Business on September 18 Your Rating

September 18 is upon us once again – a time of celebration, fervent patriotic pride, dancing, and a lot of barbeques.

One of the more colorful effects of the celebration is the appearance of the Chilean flag everywhere you look. Chilean flags and Chilean branded merchandising can be found on every street corner and every traffic stop.

The flag is a sensitive issue for Chileans. It is displayed anywhere Chile appears around the world, especially for sporting matches, and people feel connected. Patriotic sentiments are at an all-time high during independence day celebrations.

However, there is a serious side to the raising of the flag.All buildings, houses government installations, and industrial sites must, by law, raise the Chilean flag on this solemn date. Legislation about this issue is so serious that police can issue you a fine for not displaying the national flag or displaying it incorrectly.

chile news, noticias chile

Raising the Chilean flag has complicated legal implications. Photo: Hector Gutierrez

The legislation dates back to 1967 and fines can reach CL$73,000 – not an insignificant amount of money. There are instructions been communicated by the media as to how the national flag must be displayed. These instructions include, “The flag must be displayed on the extreme tip of the mast”, “The mast must be white”, and “The flag may be displayed horizontally”.

Just last year, President Piñera passed a new law allowing the use of the national flag at any time during the year. Previously, it was an offence to fly the national flag, except in government offices, outside the September 18 celebrations.

We have not met anyone who has been fined for putting up the national flag when they were not supposed to, or for not putting it up when they were supposed to. As it stands, it is still an old wives’ tale as to whether or not you will be fined by the Chilean police force.

Either way, avoid the risk and buy yourself a flag. They are CL$1,000 on the street, and then you can legally be allowed to celebrate. Our American brothers do it, so why not give it a try?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Simon!!..

Who could it have been,that Sneaked into the Kingdom Hall..

To put up a Chile Flag in a Kingdom Hall Window?!..

The Catholics??!!..

Who would Notice a Catholic Nun,in a Kingdom Hall..

Putting up a Chile Flag?!..

......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit