Kingdom Hall in Chile has National flag!!

by wolfman85 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    it's just another example of the new GB changing policy. The once hardline stance is now very fluid......

I wonder if WT is so forgiving to individual JWs that display a flag on their home? Or, does WT expect them to defy the government and pay the fine, or suffer the wrath of a judicial committee for compromising their "Christian neutrality"?

As long as it's a rank-and-file JW paying the fine, and not WT, I would guess WT automatically adheres to the "hardline stance".

In an excellent historical review of Watchtower's activities during WW2 in relation to Nazi Germany, J. Bergman had this to say:

"The Watchtower was sympathetic to the Jews, even supporting Zionists movements until about 1932. [141] Then they reversed their stand, and began a campaign critical of Jews that can only be called racist. They also tried to appease the Nazis in other ways:

Watch Tower Society "branch servant" or "overseer" Konrad Franke tells that when he and another Jehovah's Witness arrived at the Berlin Sporthalle Wilmersdor where the 1933 Witness convention was being held, they were shocked. The building was bedecked with Swastika flags--evidently to please the Nazis. Then during the convention itself, the Witness faithful were called on to sing a hymn that they had not sung in Germany for years. While they had no objection to the words, the music was the same as that of the German national anthem, "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles." As for the Declaration and accompanying letter sent to Adolf Hitler personally, they were nothing short of self-serving statements which attempted to ingratiate Jehovah's Witnesses with the Nazis."

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

What I can say is that a forum participant from Chile ensures that it is true and even gives details of the location of the Kingdom Hall. And it is a fact that is required the use of flag in Chile in those days.

• losingit
    losingit

Ugh! Icontinue to get sick over the hypocrisy of this organization. They lie lie lie!!

• steve2
    steve2
    "Public buildings and private residences are required to display the flag on Navy Day (21 May), National Day (18 September) and Army Day (19 September). If the flag is displayed incorectly or not displayed at all during these days, the person responsible may be fined."

It would be helpful to hear from anyone with direct knowledge/experience of living in Chile.

This matter becomes even more intriguing. Sounds like every single private residence also has to display the flag on the designated days. That would require a massive law presence to police and fine wouldn't it? How much is the actual fine? What are individual kingdom halls fined? What are JW's who refuse to display it at home fined?

Sorry, but this looks like a pure and simple muck-raking "beat up": One solitary kingdom hall in the whole of Chile displays a national flag - we do not know the story behind it - yet, like slobbering dobermans, we're going in for the kill, making all sorts of allegations about the organization.

• steve2
    steve2

In 2012, there were 881 congregations in Chile. Taking into account that unknown numbers of congregations may share the same kingdom hall, we're still looking at hundreds of kingdom halls. The website from which the lone photo is sourced "finds" one - one - kingdom hall with the Chilean flag and screams "Hypocrisy!". No context, no background information - zilch. If this is bona fide, how come no address and/or location? How come no attempt to investigate? Which congregations meet there? Photos without context can be manipulative and unfairly damning. Talk about running an over-heated thread on the smell of an oily rag. Me tres suspishee-us...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s all About the Money..

http://st.depositphotos.com/1653300/1268/i/110/depositphotos_12689309-Chile-Flag-Detail-Render.jpghttp://st.depositphotos.com/1653300/1268/i/110/depositphotos_12689309-Chile-Flag-Detail-Render.jpg

photo money8.gif

.............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

S2, Can you proof that this info is false?? If you can read Spanish you can realize that the post mention the location of the KH and congregations meeting there. (calle Santa Amanda donde se reúnen las Congregaciones Maipu y Los Altos de la Comuna de Maipu en Santiago de Chile).

• steve2
    steve2

S2, Can you proof that this info is false?? If you can read Spanish you can realize that the post mention the location of the KH and congregations meeting there. (calle Santa Amanda donde se reúnen las Congregaciones Maipu y Los Altos de la Comuna de Maipu en Santiago de Chile).

Is this a new form of "journalistic" integrity makring? Readers have to prove the information is false. No I can't read Spanish. But fair enough: you say the location and name of the congregations are mentioned on the website. An excellent start. Be helpful to have the other questions answered.

• Gayle
    Gayle

When I think of the tens of thousands little JWs children (including me) having to sit or stand but not salute, facing ridicule or worse, taking the brunt of it all those school years,, all for nothing. When it's ok for JW adults putting up flags so as to not have to pay a fine.. just makes me furious!!!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you!

Atlantis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit