by suavojr 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Suavojr and Laika

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Knowing what Elders are really like, I think Jesus would simply say:

(Matthew 16:23)

“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I thought of this parable recently also! Great analogy.

• adamah
    adamah

Great idea, OP, but allow me to suggest a slight modification to make the account even more relevant and timely:

But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Jesus replied, “A child of a JW was walking from a store to his house, and he fell among a trusted member of the congregation who was a pedophile, who stripped him and molested him and departed, leaving him emotionally-scarred and wounded, as if half-dead.

Now by chance a JW in his congregation heard a rumor; and when he saw the child crying he passed by on the other side, fearing the damage and shame the incident might bring to "Jehovah's organization" so he stifled the child's cries and covered the incident up. So likewise a Catholic, when he of apedophilia scandal brewing, passed on by to the other side.

But an Ex-JW apostate, as he journeyed, came to where the child was; and when he saw him crying, he had compassion and called the proper authorities to file a report with the Police Department and Child Protective Services, so they could investigate.

Now which of these three, do you think, proved neighbor to the innocent child who fell prey to a pedophile?”

He said, “The one who showed mercy on him.” And Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

Adam

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Faithful Witness - "I thought of this parable recently also!"

Ditto.

However, it would be virtually inconceivable to a rank-and-filer that an"apostate" could ever show more mercy and compassion than an active JW; at this point, we're painted as (almost) worse than the Devil himself.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

very interesting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit