A conversation between Jesus and an JW Elder

by suavojr 15 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

And behold, an Elder stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

He said to him, “What is written in the bible? How do you read?”

And he answered, “You shall love Jehovah your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with your entire mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”

And he said to him, “You have answered right; do this, and you will live.”

But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Jesus replied, “A man was walking from a store to his house, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a JW was going down that road while going door to door; and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. So likewise a Catholic, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

But an Ex-JW apostate, as he journeyed, came to where he was; and when he saw him, he had compassion, and went to him and bound up his wounds; then he called the authorities and the paramedics, so they could take him to the hospital.

The next day he went to the hospital and spoke with the doctors to make sure he was going to be ok. He was also able to meet the man and exchange a warm conversation while in the hospital.

Which of these three, do you think, proved neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?”

He said, “The one who showed mercy on him.” And Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

• suavojr
    suavojr

It is sad to see how people still think they can and are better than others

• clarity
    clarity

...... nice thoughts Suavojr

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A modern adaptation of a classic: love it.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Awesome!! Great job!

• prologos
    prologos

Yeah, the samaritans were the apostate stand-aparts, believed only in the original 5 books and not in

the add-ons,

jonny- come- lately stuff.

but to make the grade:

as the song went:

"--you got to have heart, all you really need is heart--"

• Fernando
    Fernando

A bit too close to TATT for comfort...

• Laika
    Laika

Oh, what a great post! Can I have a go? (based on Luke 18)

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else Jesus told this parable.

Two men went up to pray, one a pioneer and the other a disfellowsipped exJW. The pioneer prayed 'Jehovah I thank you that I am not like other people, robbers, evildoers, adulterers and anyone who questions the faithful slave. I never miss meetings and do more than the required 70 hours a month.'

But the disfellowsipped exJW would not even look to heaven, he beat his breast and said 'God have mercy on me, a sinner'

I tell you that this man rather than the other went home justified before God, for all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all those who humble themselves will be exalted.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Oh Laika that is good! Once your mind is open to the lies and manipulation from the GB, life within the Borg is simply never the same.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Nice thoughts Suavojr, but unfortunately for many elders the conversation would go like this:

"Which of these three, do you think, proved to be the neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?”

He said, "Why the JW of course. He was going door to door telling all the neighbors the Good News™ about Gawd killing all the wicked people like that Ex-JW apostate at Armageddon™!"

Sad but true

CyrusThePersian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit