Do you make your own soup?

by compound complex 53 Replies latest jw friends

• vangogh
    vangogh

i often make my own soup, remember, the internet is the 'biggest recipe book' in the world so nobody should ever be stuck for soup recipes to try or any other kind of recipe, I make my own bread too, i never knew there were so many different bread recipes on the net, its great.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just discovered how easy it is to make Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Broccoli soup, especially if you have a boat motor (hand held mixer) or a blender. Most of the recipes include flour, what reason I don't know, it still has a bit of thickness without. Just veg of your choice, onion, garlic and cream and seasonings.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Oxtail soup. We get the butcher to cut the oxtail into approximately 1 inch segments. It is a simple soup with potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and garlic.

I dry my own thyme, rosemary, and oregano. I adde these spices to add to the flavor.

I don't use a recipe. The key is to get the ratio of carrots to celery correct. If the ratio is correct, the soup is wonderful.

• Scully
    Scully

I made an absolutely gorgeous spicy Thai chicken soup last weekend. It was relatively simple to make, and so beautifully fragrant. Even Mr Scully, who is somewhat of a fussy eater, enjoyed it and said I should make it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit