Do you detect an underlying sadness ?

by Phizzy 67 Replies latest jw friends

• adamah
    adamah

Black Sheep said-

Constant parroting of how nice it will be when they are resurrected is hiding their trauma of knowing that even a quick fondle with their loved one will be forever seen as a sin by their stroppy little god. Their promised 'reward' is more like a punishment, they know they are getting closer to their funerals, and every day is Groundhog Day, with Paradise no closer than it was yesterday.

Yup, it's rather perverse and ugly how the re-labelling of undesirable personality traits occurs, telling R&F members that gullibility and naivity is actually a "reward" or a "gift" (of FAITH).

George Orwell's novel '1984' covered all of this cultic mind-control manipulation techniques AGES ago, which JWs didn't invent: they are 3,000 yrs old. Apparently JWs aren't big readers of sci-fi, since they're told to shun the foolishness of the World as a danger to their Christian faith (when it's only a danger to the business model of the WTBTS, since such ideas threatens their supply of fresh victims who haven't yet climbed aboard the Walkill Farms turnip truck).

Adam

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Blue pill...... It is straight from jw.org which is from young people ask....

• steve2
    steve2

My mother received a copy of Judge Rutherford's book "Children" in 1941 at an assembly (nowadays called conventions) when she was a bright eyed 12 year old. She told me it was the first publication by the Society she read and re-read several times from cover to cover. It spoke to her in a way that left an indelible impression on her mind and heart. It spoke of the months remaining in this wicked old system.

My mother died a couple of years ago, ill and infirm, in her 81st year...a loyal Witness to the very end.

She was born, raised and grew old and died in a system that she was always told was on the verge of ending...but of course it did not end.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They exist on broken promises. And they have little or nothing to be happy about. If any of them get gadgets that provide a little fun, the hounders are down on them. They cannot listen to real music without being hounded about "something" being wrong with every song. "Something" is wrong with every movie and video game, too. No Internet service--or, if they go online, they are not supposed to visit anything except their e-mail, the official website, and necessary business. They can't celebrate anything. They get hounded if their work is more than drudgery. They are not supposed to take pleasure in anything--such as watching someone win an old stuffed buffalo on Let's Make a Deal. And so on.

To top it off, they are under threat that, unless they continually do more, they are going to die. They are not doing enough in field circus. More placements, more studies, more time wasted. If they do anything that goes with human nature, they die. If they skip a boasting session, they are supposedly going to die. And so on.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Black Sheep; that was the doctrine that first started me on my road to waking up. Even though my wife is fully in, she refuses to believe this doctrine.

Even before I knew TTATT, I had decided that I would rather die at armageddon, than live in a world of scenes that heartbreaking. I didnt care If I was married myself, I knew I couldnt bear to see others reunited, only to come to the realization that they cant be together.

I think much of the sadness comes from the fact that JWs are aging and are reaching points in their life they never thought they would. They denied themselves children, careers, homes, and comfortable lives because the end was just around the corner and now they are starting to realize that they are getting gray hairs, heath problems they never thought they would have to deal with, shunning their own children if they have them, and being on a hamster wheel of works, the same for decades. I think this is part of the sadness we see and feel.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Awesome comments. BTW, I feel better today than yesterday. My post was a bit of a downer, sorry. It is true that JWs can not do anything good enough for their masters the GB. I think that the JW numbers will dwindle because people are getting tired of the hamster wheel. I don't think a mass exodus is coming, but many are going to slow down. It's inevitable. Many of the plank holders/pillars are getting old and cannot do more. The younger ones are in it for the socializing. My daughter loves field service because she can hang with friends and have fun, sure she has to go to some doors, but it's not all bad. You regurgitate a pre-made presentation. If they take the rag, great! If they so no, ok then. If they ask you a question you cannot answer, alrighty, see ya! If they challenge doctrine, they are insincere apostates! Then you have the young 20-30 yr old "uber-dubs." These are the future Mark Sandersons of the ORG. The question is whether or not the WTBTS can continue to operate as they lose free labor. People like me with skills and life experience are not being used, while 20 year old uber-dub is regurgitating from the stage during the DC. These kids can be molded and used. These are the guys who will be DF'ing people based on a film they are shown by the corporation. They have zero biblical knowledge and zero life experience. How can a corporation continue to operate in such a manner? It must be hard to find someone smart enough to run a printing press, yet dumb enough to blindly obey. Who knows what will happen. I do believe many dubs are sad, and clinically depressed. They have no one to confide in. They just get the same old puke sprayed upon them. Do MORE for the Organization! Gross..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BU2B - "Even before I knew TTATT, I had decided that I would rather die at Armageddon, than live in a world of scenes that heartbreaking. I didnt care If I was married myself, I knew I couldnt bear to see others reunited, only to come to the realization that they cant be together."

My devout JW parents nevertheless didn't really buy it, either.

You have to remember, though; WT ideology has been crafted by individuals whose psychological makeup makes them fundamentally unable to grasp why this (and many other doctrines) are so harmful, because authoritarians don't form the kind of deep emotional connections - the kind that cause agony when those connections are lost or broken - that the rest of us do.

Why else do you think the disfellowshipping policies are so entrenched? Sure, on a purely intellectual level, they know it's painful, but the degree of pain that many experience as a result of those policies are completely foreign to them.

And what's more, the system has - by now - become virtually immunized against any non-authoritarian influence that might otherwise mitigate the problem.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There is nothing to look forward to in the immediate future.

I have been on buses and trains on meeting nights, and seen them going to the Kingdumb Hell, they didnt know me so showed themselves as miserable sociopaths, who dont even acknowledge the existence of the other passengers if they can avoid it. UNLESS THEY WANT YOU TO TAKE A PIECE OF LITTERATURE.

And yes- they all look miserable and sad. Including the piousneer, who went round the loop on the subway twice - I sat and watched out of curiosity.

He kept looking at his watch, presumably to see if his hours were finished. I should have said something.

HB

• dog is god
    dog is god

I can't speak to their "realizing deep down that it is not the Truth". I do see that there is a huge hole in their hearts of non-fullfillment. Living for what isn't and will not ever be.

• Glander
    Glander

Not that I have a lot of insight to the current JW mindset, but what little I have seen I would describe as a clenched jaw of resignation. Too much baggage accumulated to say, "F this BS!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit