Just this simple fact of life is proof of God....

by EndofMysteries 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xchange
    xchange

Who/what is god's potter?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

xchange - depends if he is the originator or just a link up the chain.

• Laika
    Laika

Something out of nothing, life from non-life, consciousness from no consciousness. Yeah, ok...

I like that bunny picture.

• cofty
    cofty

Often the mistake is to think about life as some sort of ethereal force that animates living things.

There is no "ghost in the machine" it's just electrons doing what electrons do.

The latest hypothesis in abiogenesis are amazing. If you can get a copy of "Life Arising - The Ten Greatest Inventions of Evolution" by Nick Lane there is a detailed description of how life may have arisen in alkaline vents under the ocean.

Something out of nothing, life from non-life, consciousness from no consciousness. Yeah, ok...

This is an example of argument from personal incredulity. Until you have studied the evidence it would be better to reserve judgement.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Who/what is god's potter?

Exactly.

So God forming these things then putting his life force into it, him being the originator of life for the start of these things, is the only thing that makes sense.

But as the bible says, we are the clay, God(whoever made us) is the potter

Who created God?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

EOM you need to read more, It is all well worked out how things work at the atomic and molecular levels, but most of us never bothered to read anything about it if it conflicted with our preconcieved notions of ID, dont be one of them.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I don't know why I'm responding to this, but I will present a very basic, simplified version of this:

Water + Carbon + Ammonia + Methane + Hydrogen + Electricity = Ammino Acids (from which the evolutionary process eventually turns into life).

All of these parts are found in various locations including outer space and pre-complex life on earth.

• xchange
    xchange

EndofMysteries xchange - depends if he is the originator or just a link up the chain.

I'm not sure if that qualifies as an answer as you just created more questions with that statement.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective
    xchange - depends if he is the originator or just a link up the chain.

What does that mean?

• cofty
    cofty
    Water + Carbon + Ammonia + Methane + Hydrogen + Electricity = Ammino Acids (from which the evolutionary process eventually turns into life).

Actually this Urey-Miller model of abiogenesis is a failed hypothesis. There just isn't anything happening beyond a few amino acids. It's thermodynamically flat.

The latest research (2002) by William Martin and Michael Russell will knock your socks off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit