Just this simple fact of life is proof of God....

by EndofMysteries 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I'll be curious for any alternative plausible explanations for this.....

EVERY lifeform on Earth, humans, plants, bacteria, cells, ANYTHING with life originated with other life.

All trees come from living seeds from other trees, etc. There is no life that comes from nothing, even simple cells.

So God forming these things then putting his life force into it, him being the originator of life for the start of these things, is the only thing that makes sense.

If it was possible that life can just appear out of nothing, and all life on Earth just happened, why can't intelligent life do it? Instead of the billions of lifeforms on Earth that just happened to happen somehow, why can't we trace how they all originated and create any type of life we can imagine. Why would it still not be happening today? Why would it have stopped?

Also think about this, according to the bible, man was formed out of soil. Written long before we knew the properties of soil such as copper, iron, calcium, zinc, etc. Our bodies need all of those things to survive and function properly. What happens if you are deficient in copper, iron, etc. It certainly seems like we were formed from soil and the start of life was God's lifeforce going into us.

I can understand Agnostic thinking because of distrust from anything written, but for athiests, not believing life came from a God seems even harder to make sense of since no life on Earth originates from plain dead matter. Do you have alternative explanations?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

You've been on this board too long for a post like this.

• adamah
    adamah

EOM said:

I can understand Agnostic thinking because of distrust from anything written, but for athiests, not believing life came from a God seems even harder to make sense of since no life on Earth originates from plain dead matter. Do you have alternative explanations?

Ever heard of evolution, per chance?

Adam

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

adamah - yes, evolution is the evolving of ALREADY existing life.

• adamah
    adamah

adamah - yes, evolution is the evolving of ALREADY existing life.

OK, so you're ok with evolution, then.

Ever heard of abiogenesis, per chance?

Adam

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I could even understand if people might not believe God as most believe him created all life on Earth but some type of other intelligent lifeform. Seeds/DNA/etc, they all contain what amounts to coding/programming, something or someone who mastered creating biological robots.

One day we may be able to create self aware artifical intelligence. Imagine creating a virtual world on a computer with AI so advanced it thought for itself, much like a person. You could have a whole world on a computer evolving and wondering where they came from, who it's God is, etc.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Why would bring a creator make you a loving god?

SW

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Nope but I just looked it up. That was the reason for this thread, I learned something new.

However after looking it up, it speaks of simple life forms that spontaneously happen from simple 'organic compounds'.

Organic compounds are products created from some type of life or the result of what had been some type of life are they not?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    If it was possible that life can just appear out of nothing,

and all life on Earth just happened, why can't intelligent life do it?

So God making things out of nothing..

Proves evolution couldn`t have made things out of nothing..

Your Hurting the Cat`s Brain..

.....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It depends how you define god. One definition is (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

If you created life / a virtual world like the example I gave earlier, you would have full control over all of it, you could change it's world, it's inhabitants, etc, and you would know everything as well. So by definition you would be a god to it, as having created it and power over it.

But as the bible says, we are the clay, God(whoever made us) is the potter, if we created a living thinking virtual world we are only a god to them but in our own reality we are still nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit