Deleted Because Boss is DF JW

by VitoJW 15 Replies latest jw friends

• VitoJW
    VitoJW

I am new here. Tho I have lurked, this is my first real post.
    I was doing "personal research" for the last 5 years, tho was helped along recently when I was deleted as an Elder because I work for a company owned by a Disassociated JW. Has anyone else had this come up? There is no real definitive info in print, other than the infamous 9/15/81 WT, but the CO held a mini-crusade and got me axed.

Nothing personal,.... just business.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Other than reading about a similar situation with Ray Franz in Crisis of Conscience and the enforcerment of the 9/15/81 Watchtower, I have never dealt with or personally knew anyone who faced this. But, I have heard it happening a number of times. Welcome to the board.

• openminded
    openminded

It's obvious to me that Jehovah is mad at you. I mean with all that is going on the earth (terrorism, disease, birth defects, etc...) he is more worried about who you work for and taking action against you...you should feel flattered.

om

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Well, Vito, an elder in the congregation I used to attend, prior to going inactive and DAing myself, was remmoved becuase his job entailed occassionaly delivering cigarettes. He is an older guy, in his mid sixties and not ready to retire. He had lost his previous job and the new one entailed occassioanl delivery of the cigarettes. At the time, he was being pressured to set an example by pioneering. As he has a wife with medical problems, he could not devote time to that endeavor. So, he took the job. Shortly after, he was asked to step down as an elder.

The main elder behind his ousting, incidentally, worked for Blitz Weinhardt brewery and often drove the company van to meetings, parking it out front of the Kingdom Hall, prominently displaying the brewery's name for all to see.

Seemed a bit hypocritical to me.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yes. If you have an employee who is DA or DF, or are employed by such a person, you would be expected to get rid of the employee or change jobs, or risk losing all your privileges. I've seen it happen.

I'm actually using this as a plot point in a novel I'm writing. Witness DFing and shunning can lead to the loss of your family AND to the loss of your livelihood.

S4

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

We caught a bunch of flack from the elders because we hired a df'd person. Naturally, we didn't give a rats ass what they thought, I think that is when our marking began.

• rebelledat12
    rebelledat12

Here's my 2 cents:
    My dad and his boss are best friends and JW. His best friend stopped attending meetings and doesn't believe any longer. My dad convinced him to just "drift" away so he doesn't get DF (and so he can continue to be friends with him and work for him). My dad says he doesn't know what he'll do if Troy gets DF'ed but at least he isn't going to automatically shun him.

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

Well, I know someone who had drifted away and 2 years after not attending any meetings or hanging with any JW's was DF for renting an apartment with a DA person. They actually "hunted" this person down, drug them in and even after they said they had just purchased a house and would be moving in one month they were DF anyhow!!

• RR
    RR

Hey, I was deleted for farting at the meeting! So there!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

RR,

They must have been reeeeaaaalllyyyy BAD farts.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit