What's in it for them? (GB)

by SyntaxError1974 49 Replies latest jw friends

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

IF the WBTS IS just another business? Then what do the GB get out of all this?

Tim Cook (CEO Apple) makes around 378 Million a year.

Donald Trump makes around 60 million a year.

I understand the WBTS may have vast property holdings, stocks, bonds, and revenue from donations.

But I can't grasp the INCENTIVE For the GB to make this stuff up. Do they believe this stuff themselves? Are they secretly cashing out financially somehow?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Treated like rock stars wherever they go. (Literally, hundreds of people line up to meet/take pictures with a GB member - WTF???)

Can control millions with the stroke of a pen.

Top of the food chain, nobody to answer to.

Free health care, meals, cars, retirement until the day they die.

Free vacations to wherever they want to go, worldwide. With a built-in fan club when they get there.

I'm sure they can submit an expense report each month with everything paid for without question. But how many expenses would you even have when JWs pay for all of your meals wherever your go.

Basically, its a power trip with the added benefit of not having a worry in the world about money. Just because its not in a bank account in your name doesn't mean you don't have access to the $$$$$.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Loesch clearly believes he is personally an important part of God's plan to prepare the world for a new order. (Judging by his comments about Warwick) Highly delusional? Certainly. But a pleasant sort of delusion to be caught up in? Probably.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

J.R.R. Tolkien said it best, " and nine...nine rings were gifted to the race of Men...who above all else, desire power."

• sspo
    sspo

These are individuals that most likely used to believe that it was the "truth' and only true religion, like all of us at one time, but now that they are on top and have become "kings " in the organization, i truly believe they know that it's all bullshit and that so called jehovah has nothing to do with them.

They never see God, they never hear from him, they receive no dreams or special revelation and yet they have to continue playing the game and claim

that it's God's Organization.

The fact that they have to change and modify their doctrines proves they are all idiots and don't know their left from their right.

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

I am still "in" , active MS. Yes I know, "breaking all rules" being here. But, Im at crossroads and feel I can't make an informed decision with only half the facts. On this site I see some who are "attitudinal apostate". That is every other word is a personal dig or insult to WTBS or GB. From my perspective it's hard to swallow.

But there are others that are "informational apostate". Instead of spewing insults, layout reasons, facts, proof...

I come here to read that. Now my head is spinning with millions of questions, and not enough time to research the accuracy of them all.

so that's my background. And I'm left with the question;

If this is all a sham, someone on top must know. It's not the elders. They are blindly following. My dad is an elder, so I know. So then, who knows this is a scam? Who profits from it? I these guys (the GB) are nothing than snake oil salesmen, couldn't they make more money in other ventures? Take a salarie? Live in a mansion ? How do they cash out? A CEO makes a ton of money, and has something to leave his children as inheritance. What do they get?

Either they are scamming us and secretly raking in money. Or they believe it. Otherwise, why do it?

my head hurts....possibly over thinking here....

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The object of power is power- George Orwell

• sspo
    sspo

Power.....it's not money.

The organization is worth billions but the GB gets a small salary, of course as discussed they are treated like kings and literally worshipped

by the common JW.

We can compare them to the Pope in Rome....is not rich but he's worshipped by millions.

• mP
    mP

Syntax:

Not everybody can be head of a super large company like Apple. Other leadership types have to settle for a religion. Interestingly in Ancient Hebrew there was no word for religion. Religion and government were the same concept and filled the same role in society. The same is true of Ancient Rome. Julius Caesar was Pontifex Maximus which also happens to the origin of the same title held by the Pope. All kings are head of their respective church. The same is true today, just look at the Church of England, the Catholic Church etc.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You need JWfacts.com. Paul lays out all the proof for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit