Modesty in Dress and Grooming - May KM

by expatbrit 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wait a minute... isn't Prince supposed to be attending meetings? I wonder if he is going to get a "back room" talking to, and if so, how he would respond.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

BeautifulGarbage:

Dog shit wrapped in a box with pretty ribbons is still DOG SHIT.

Girl..you are too funny!

I have read that stuff before...its supposed to make everyone feel 'special' and willing to conform.

Beck

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

::::::::::Every year in the spring time before the summer conventions The Big Mommy has to tell its thump suckin' kids how to tie their shoe strings... LOL

Great thread. My comments are that if you are in an institution you have to wear the uniform.

It's simply amazing that we still manage to bath ourselves and dress in clean clothes now that we don't have the Organisation to guide us

• TR
    TR

There was a few really HOT women(at the hall!!!????) that ALWAYS wore short, tight skirts and tight low-cut blouses. Anyone know Jeannie Panessa? GOD was she HOT!

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• larc
    larc

Marilyn,

Your last sentence caught my attention. I was thinking along the same lines. Yes, I have learned to bath on a regular basis and even wear cloths that are reasonable and acceptable to those around me. Ain't that something?

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

After I DA'd and was in the Navy I always wondered what they would think If I went to a meeting when I was on leave in full dress uniform.. hehehehe Always wanted to do that just to piss em off but never did. Ah well... One thing for sure they wouldn't be able to call me a slob..LOL

• Parsnips
    Parsnips

You are a J.W? I am disfellowshipped. I never really understood wordly people, untill I became one and left my sheltered life behind. I really saw what the real world was like. I got married at 18, as my parents wanted...and it all went downhill from there. Anyway, I just wanted to share my comments. Parsnips!

• tdogg
    tdogg

I am still wondering about the flippant remark about the "rock concert". It says "Far from it!" like being at a rock concert is akin to playing with Satan's wanker. 'You know how those rock concerts are.', they seem to say without saying.

Xbrit, the one thing that always bothered me in the org about dress was exactly what you pointed out: all clothing is wordly. So if we emulate poorly dressed buisinessmen we are glorifying God.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

The WTS blatant hypocrisy is astounding.

Courtesy of Ozzie, I will repost some useful information relevant to this discussion.

Leander, you may want to include this information which is directly from the WTS in your part.

On the Official Website for Public Information for Jehovah's Witnesses.. under the subheader entitled "Conscience" the following information can be found.

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/membership.htm

The Watchtower Society have announced that they "avoid making rules and regulations beyond those provided in the Scriptures, and they do not follow traditions that contradict Bible teachings. Emphasis is placed on personal application of Bible principles and the value of a sound, Bible-based conscience.

It should be noted in the Watchtower Society's statement that they
    avoid making rules and regulations beyond those provided in the Scriptures and that emphasis is placed on personal application of Bible principles

So they avoid making rules? They encourage PERSONAL application?

Then they turn around and run articles in the KM for the TMS TELLING people HOW to DRESS and what is considered APPROPRIATE.

JW make me sick.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

bttt

DB is moving fast this morning.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit