Running into JWS

by WildTurkey 12 Replies latest jw friends

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I ran into a JW couple last night at Wal-Mart, when I saw them I thought damn, I wish I would have seen them before they saw me. But anyway we talked for a few minutes, and I was trying real hard to think of a reason to get out of there. As I talked to him, I could tell he was dying to ask me, why I stopped going to the Kingdom Hall. He said he really missed us, here is the funny thing he is not even in the same cong as me, his cong is 30 miles from mine, his sister is in my cong so that is where he is getting his information. Well I didn't want to talk to them at all, I see Jws now and all I can think about is I wish I was DA so they wouldn't talk to me. I was wondering how y'all feel when you see Jws.

• Latte
    Latte

Wild Turkey,

I just smile widely, and tell them that I have 'Never been better'.....really rub's them up the wrong way

Enjoy!

Latte

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Good question WT.

I also run into jws at Wal-mart, (gotta go only during meeting hours from now on), and it does feel weird. I feel like they will shun me but I just smile ask how they are doing, you know friendly stuff. But then have an exit excuse to get going without too much chitchat.
    I think its our own thinking that's bothering us. We know how we feel about the borg now, but they don't. We know what they should be doing, according to their rules. But get outside the box and forget their rules. You don't owe anyone an explanation about anything. Just smile, be friendly and always look like you are in a hurry to be somewhere else.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Hugs,
    j2bf

• out4good3
    out4good3

If we happen to be crossing paths I'll talk to them. Usually they'll start asking me about how work is going and if my circumstances have changed, looking for an opening as to why I'm not back at the meetings. When I feel they're getting too nosy I'll give them "the look" and they'll usually back off and change the subject.

When the wife is with me, she usually does all the talking. She knows how I feel and that I'm subject to "letting them have it" at any time.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

For me, it depends on what JW I run into. The avergae rank and file JW I smile and say hi too. Most just ignore me as they know I am DA'd. Whether or not they ignore me, I still greet them if I get a chance.

As for a couple elders I knew, I wouldn't greet them if my life depended on it.

Since the dub wife and I separated, no JWs come by the house at all. Therefore, I don't have to confront them anymore with their rudeness towards me in my home.

In the long run, I feel very sorry for most dubs. They excuse downright rudeness as God's will. How sad when Jesus told everyone to love each other.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• mouthy
    mouthy

When they see me they cross the street-
    It is then that I put away my horns & pitchfork-

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I moved to a different city after I was DFed, so I don't run into any old JWs I know. I wish I would though - I think it'd be fun to mess with them.

Old Friend: Andi! I haven't seen you in awhile!

Andi: Yes, I know. It's great to see you!

OF: How are things?

Andi: *sigh* Good but busy! I just don't seem to have enough time in the day to get everything done!

OF: Tell me about it! I understand. What's keeping you so busy?

Andi: Things have been so crazy lately with the National Apostate Convention.

OF: *quizzical look on face* National Apostate convention?

Andi: Yes! There are several thousand of us getting together in Dallas in a few weeks. We're having this huge national conference like a District Convention.

OF: *fearful look* Really?

Andi: I'm on the drama committee. It sure is keeping me busy! You wouldn't think it'd be so hard to find devil costumes!

OF: Devil costumes?

Andi: Yes. I just can't seem to find enough. And when I do, they tails and forked hooves just don't seem to fit the right people. And then there are all pitchforks. Can't seem to get enough of those either. But my issues are nothing compared to the Devil Worshipping Committee. Seems as though we can't find enough locations that will allow us to sacrifice virgins.

OF: Sacrifice virgins?

Andi: Of course. Now that we've found some to sacrifice, we can't find a place to do it.

OF: *gulp* Gotta go now. *running away in fear*

Andi: *innocent look* What? Was it something I said?

I can fantasize can't I???

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ROTFLMAO @ Andi,

Boy I hope we have this much fun this August 7th!!!

hugs,
    j2bf

• og
    og
    I can fantasize can't I???

You certainly can!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Fortunately, I wouldn't recognize a JUU if I saw one. Unlike the morman elders who come in twos, (I think botanists call them human dicots) JUUs don't seem to have any distinguishing characteristics I can remember that sets them apart unless they are carrying their book bags with a tower hanging out.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit