leave me alooone.....PLEASE!!!!

by Angst 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Angst
    Angst

I was born and raised a witness. Baptized at 14. Pioneered after High School and was accepted to Bethel when I was 19. Got booted from Bethel on my 21st b-day because someone exposed me for underage drinking prior to my 21st b-day. After I left Bethel, nothing was ever the same, and my eyes began to be opened and I started seeing more clearly. Ten years later now and I have been away from the JW's for over 6 years and my mother (a devout JW) insists on trying to "encourage" me to return to the JW's and I have told her repeatedly that I'm not interested but I can't seem to get it through her head that I'm not coming back. Without being rude, one anyone care to assist me in coming up with a way to end the persistant badgering I'm getting?

• radar
    radar

Angst

I presume you are still technically a JW and still wish to be so?

I believe honesty is the best policy, with relationships.

Quantify your thouhgts by writing down the reasons why you do not want to return and then approach your mom about the subject.

By you approaching your mom rather than letting her bring the subject up, lets her know that you are serious about your decision.

Treat people as individuals, do not label them otherwise you may become the evil you seek to destroy

Radar

• Angst
    Angst

Radar,

I do not wish to be a JW anymore and am trying to tell my mother in the most tactful way that I don't want to talk about religion with her in any way, shape, or form.

Your point about confronting her with the subject is a good idea...I've been skirting the subject as much as possible and that hasn't worked very well.

• belbab
    belbab

Angst,

After you receive all the answers to this post, send it to your mother and maybe she will get the picture. Also realize that mothers do things to encourage their children, it's what mothers do best.

If your mothers encouragement disturbs you, then you within are reacting to her conduct, remnants of conscience are picking at your composure, just try and be aware of that and it too shall pass.

belbab

• Angst
    Angst

I would love to be able to associate with parents with out religion ever factoring into the equation....

Maybe I should become a barber...my dad always said never discuss politics, religion, or sports with a barber. Anyone ever heard that saying?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I feel your pain.

Eventually I just had to out and out yell at my mom to finally make her understand that I was fed up and not coming back.

She's backed off alot since then.

Slipnslidemaster:"I worked very hard and I earned all the attention I'm getting."
    - Anna Kournikova

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• metatron
    metatron

Remember the words:

"Yes, mom"

"yes, Dear" works for wives too. You just say it over and over until
    they stop nagging. Repeat it with a tone of voice that indicates
    tired noncompliance.

metatron

• Francois
    Francois

Unfortunately, slip'n'slide is right. Some people you've got to get their attention with a 2X4 upside the head to get them to shut up long enough to hear you.

I don't suppose you want to be DFed, do you? That most likely would fix it.

Or maybe you could come home with a guy for dinner?

Or maybe you should do as has been suggested; YOU bring up the subject and tell her firmly but politely that you no longer consider yourself a JW and would appreciate it if she would do the same. Your mom is likely in denial combined with a case of cognitive dissonance.

You might reach the point where you just can't deal with your mother any more, and have to do a reverse recto-cranial inversion of your own.

Do let us know what happens.

Francois

• out4good3
    out4good3
    Eventually I just had to out and out yell at my mom to finally make her understand that I was fed up and not coming back.

After one of those marathon "encouragement" sessions with my wife which lasted to such a point that I literally started throwing up, I had to do the same. She got the message and rarely broaches that subject with me anymore.

• Angst
    Angst

If I said "yes Mom" to my mother repeatedly she would in turn start asking stuff like....

"So then, you will be coming back to meetings?"

"You admit you are the pathetic prodigal son"

My mother is hell on wheels...drives me crazy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit