What does your ID or Nick say about you?

by LyinEyes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• noidea
    noidea

I've had several tell me that it took a while for *noidea = no idea* to sink in.

*psssttt..Lisa I won't tell then you were one of them.

~~~Noi~~~

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

well shoot i guess add me to that list I thought it was an actual name. I had a russian blue cat named Nodia. She was always conspireing against the phone. She hated it.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

The smoldering wick is the candle that has just gone out. It won't take much to relight the flame and it won't take much to snuff it out entirely.

I guess my name is obvious. But, there were two reasons behind it. The first came from a Watchtower article based on Isaiah 42:3 "The bruised reed and the smoldering wick."

When I started losing my faith (my religion), I remember feeling so connected to that smoldering wick. I wanted bad to re-ignite the passion I once had for God and the Bible...but, life, circumstance and even the JWs themselves kept pouring buckets of cold water on me.

Here's part of the article:

A common household lamp of the first century C.E. was a small pitcherlike earthenware vessel with a loop handle. The lamp usually was filled with olive oil. By capillary attraction, a wick made of flax drew the oil up to feed the flame. Of course, a 'smoldering wick' would be one about to go out.

Jesus proclaimed his comforting message to many who were figuratively like a bruised reed, bent over and knocked about. These people were also like a smoldering flaxen wick because their last spark of life had nearly been extinguished. They really were oppressed and discouraged. However, Jesus did not crush a figurative bruised reed or extinguish a symbolic smoldering wick. His loving, tender, compassionate words did not further discourage and depress suffering people. Instead, his comments and his dealings with them had an uplifting effect.-Matthew 11:28-30.

Today, too, many need compassion and encouragement because they face disheartening problems. Even servants of Jehovah are not always towers of strength. At times some resemble smoldering wicks. Christians should therefore be encouraging-fanning the flame, as it were-thus strengthening one another.-Luke 22:32; Acts 11:23.

As Christians we want to be upbuilding. We would not deliberately try to weaken anyone seeking spiritual help. Indeed, we desire to imitate Jesus' example in strengthening others. (Hebrews 12:1-3; 1 Peter 2:21) The fact that we could unwittingly crush any who look to us for encouragement is good reason to give serious thought to our way of dealing with others. We certainly do not want to 'extinguish a smoldering wick.' wt 95 11/15

The second reason is because the rest of that scripture in Isaiah 42:3 talks about God bringing "forth judgment unto truth." In the book of Isaiah, other books of the Bible, even Jesus himself used smoke & fire to convey God's anger and wrath, His judgment. A "smoking" flax or wick represents God's smoldering anger and judgment.

At one time, I was made to feel worthless, good only for the judgment of destruction at Armageddon...because I no longer thought like a JW.

But now, I give that same smoldering judgment back to the Watchtower Society for using up my life and destroying my faith in God. See also lyrics to "The Unforgiven" by Metallicahttp://music.r2.ru/archive/metallica_unforgiven.html

I will remain a smoldering wick, until life chooses to give me back my spiritual fire.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

eyes which are lying are like teeth which are biting, is i right eye?

better to be Klaus than to be a liar ;)

I like the eagles too

in the air their flies the eagle
    with a tail like mummies beagle
    with a beak hard like a rock
    where he bites our neigbours dog
    with wings enlarged like those from whitney
    and clear eyes liek those from britney

and his cry is high and loud
    coming down from any cloud
    reaching you far on the hill

the eagle does what yozur heart will