What does your ID or Nick say about you?

by LyinEyes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Someone replied to a post I entered and got me thinking what others perceive about us due to the nicks or ID we have chosen. Some of the nicks I am sure are just self explanatory , others are cute, or simple. Although I suspect that very many in this room,took time to think of theirs and definitly the nick holds some little secret as to who they are as a person. So this is why I choose the name LyinEyes.
    I love music, I love the Eagles,who sang this song that I have loved since a child. The song is talking about a cheating wife/g/f, as I am sure you all know. But as I said I loved this song and identifed with it at a young age, before I even had my first boyfriend. The song has many emotions in it that I felt being raised as the daughter of a overbearing elder/father. I many times lead a double life and felt guilty for it , I just knew if only he could see deep into my eyes he would be able to tell. I hated lyin to him, and yet i couldnt get away , as i got older , the organization was the enemy. Oh course i couldnt tell that... again i was hiding away who I truly was. I am not saying I was a corrupt evil sinner, but I just knew something was not right , I wanted to be free. A portion of the song is this....
    she looks up at the stars up the sky,,,,,, another nite ,, it's gonna be a long one... she draws the shades and hangs her head to cry.My o
    my you sure no how to arrange things ........... aint if funny how you knew life didnt change things .. you're still the same ol girl you used to be. See I chose this name , right after leaving the borg, still not sure of what I would do, would I go back , would I just feel lost for the rest of my life . Or would I find my place in this life. I just felt trapped still............. it has been months since I left, and I am beginning to be true to myself,,, no more lyin eyes . But I shall keep the name, because it is part of who I was for so long. To truly be free, I think you have to accept yourself on all levels , even the painful ones. Just in case you wanted to know !!LOL

• Prisca
    Prisca

My ID name is just an abreviated version of my real name, Priscilla.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Gopher is the symbol of the American state in which I live, Minnesota. I like the association with a fuzzy, cuddly creature.

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• avengers
    avengers

Congratulations for taking the stand for Freedom. No Borg to tell you what to do.

Their whole lying leadership reminds me of this picture.

How I got my nick?? My name is Andy. My last name is van Engers.

so that's why: a.v.engers! avengers. Cool or what?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

well mine says Im a plagiarist.
    Cause I got it off the title of a book.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

singsongboi of the eastern stars,
    down in the town by the village bazaar,
    soon you'll hear me calling
    from my drifting sampan
    then we'll kiss in a bamboo hut
    no one'll know if your f....n me but,
    the moon above malaya.

and no! it's not original..

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What does your ID say about you?

Ozziepost - guess?

Ozzie = ?

Post = ?

Get it?

BTW why put yourself down with a name like LyinEyes? Why not Beautiful Eyes, or Sparkling Eyes. So much nicer.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Guess what prompted mine..

• COMF
    COMF

COMF stands for "Captain of my Fate". It is based on the last two lines of Tallyman's favorite poem: http://home.rochester.rr.com/jlungu/poem.htm

Ah, love! could you and I with Him conspire
    To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire,
    Would not we shatter it to bits--and then
    Re-mould it nearer to the heart's desire!

• Simon
    Simon

Mine says I have no imagination

(it being my real name)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit