Violet Did You Know

by LB 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

That you aren't supposed to be here? I mean you can't have a foot in the world and a foot in the truth.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Let alone a foot in the mouth...

• riz
    riz

violet did you know?

maybe now he won't be such a grumpy old man :P

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

rizzy

• anewlife
    anewlife

Amen LB and dungbeetle! Couldn't have said it any better!

• Princess
    Princess

I was surprised to read the threads today that say she is planning on baptism. I thought she was an ex like the rest of us.

I almost never go to chat so I just had no idea. Why is she here if she is so hell bent on being a dub? That is just plain weird.

Rachel

• LB
    LB

Princess I think Vi has lots of issues like many of us do. She's probably a very nice person. Many people turn towards religion when things aren't going so well in their lives.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Yep...issues:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=20161&site=3

Here I was thinking I was the only one with a dirty past. The elders didn't understand why I had a drinking problem. Thought it must of been fornication and well, the sister I was studying with thought I had to have been my brother-in-law cause I was drinking with him. I walked out on the truth. Just started going again. Could you imagine the elders reaction if I told them a jw had molested me at 6. By the other stories I'm glad I never told my shame.
    Good to see so many of you have a close knit association here.

Anyone who has suffered the injustice of a cruel, perverted childhood, is my true brother and sister. Oh, and any who've been abused, physically, sexually, emotionally, corporately, doctrinely....I'm on your side too.

Take care and love to all.
    Violet.

I started attending again cause I felt there was something missing in my life. I've never doubted Jehovah or the bible, just the people who represent him. I used to blame him for allowing humans to suffer so greatly. I'm clinging to the hope of having every tear wiped from my eyes!!!!! I've also hit a major wall, with my depression surfacing again. Just found out that my family didn't tell me who he was till they were sure he was dead. Now I'm robbed of justice. I can't remember his face, but my grandmother has put it all together and she steals it from me. Ah!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, I was raised in 'the truth'. I've doubted as a teen, but I had a lot of problems, what with dealing with new memories. And the elders were hypocrites. I couldn't get baptized cause I was drinking yet, the elders kids were all sleeping with each other. What's with that. I get disassociated and they get a slap on the wrist. I'm ostrized and they're praised for their loyal service. But now, all the growing up I've done, I've realized, we're human, we'll make mistakes, we'll assume things, we'll be haughty!!!! But this is not Jehovah's way. I'm clinging to him cause I got no one else. I'm still 'spiritually weak' as I have a marijuana habit, but I'm getting there. However, other congregation members don't think so. Anyone would think I had ebola!

Does that answer your questions, you curious cat you! Feel free to oppose/agree/or ramble as much as you like.

Violet

Ummm, being kinda new, I turned up here when they were posting about all types of trolls? I assumed because I was still associating with jw's that I would have to be one of these creatures. Only my description wasn't there, so I offered my suggestion.
    ____________________________________________________________________-
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=22004&site=3

...Where do I find You Knows delightful view of life? ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=22020&site=3

I've now read many an istance where the new congregation gets a letter from the previous elders, telling them all about the new bro/sis and they're history, whether it be field service records, judical meetings, probably how many times you go to the toilet during songs and parts, whether you're tardy, and how often you smile at the elders. My mum has suffered years of mental torment not knowing where she stands in the congregations she goes too. I'm deeply hurt that she can't just forget about them and get on with serving Jehovah afterall his opinion is the only one who counts. Now I think she has a personality disorder, very low self esteem. Like mother like daughter. Luv you mum!!!!!!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23406&site=3

(To Yoyomama)

I was burnt in the worst possible way by the jw's and I'm slowly easing my way back, meanwhile the unrelenting guilt plays at me constantly. This is due to my green habits. But I'm working on it. Praying is the hardest thing for me, cause of the guilt.
    But I'll mention you in my prayers and pray that Jehovah shines his spirit on you again...all you need to is ask and it'll be given to you. What I've learnt from this is that you've REALLY got to want it!

I don't agree with their shunning policy as it only alienates you further! In my case it was their shunning that made me leave! It hurt deeply that I was no longer a person good enough to associate with these 'clean' people. They did far worse than my drinking for relief! If they'd just cared enough to ask why I was drinking, why I was on a downward spiral and helped me get out of it instead of instantly thinking I had double-life, well maybe I'd still be in the truth...

Yes I see the hypocrisy now, but I focus on my own salvation now, on pleasing Jah myself and not worrying about pleasing anyone in the congregation as they are as imperfect and picky and gossipy and judgemental as me!

Anyway.....I just wanted to encourage you. That was the whole purpose of my post...but somehow...in my dribble I lost sight of the goal!

Just my thoughts.....

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

[[The elders didn't understand why I had a drinking problem. ]]

dungbeetle, LOL I’m in no way making light of this but that particular sentence struck so funny.
    Based on my experience growing up in the org. I can't imagine any elder understanding the whole concept of "a drinking problem"
    Drinking problem? uh...what’s a drinking problem? I didn't know any personally who had any problems drinking. They were some of the finest drinkers this side of Ireland. Or 'the old country'

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• LDH
    LDH

LMAO @Riz.

Nice to see ya around.

Lisa

(ps--She'll be in a judicial committee before she knows it. Ol' YK has a spiritually trained conscience![8>] That's why he's always here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit