They're Making it Impossible to Fade

by DarioKehl 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Whatever happened to the scripture telling them to mind their own damn business? This means not digging in and hounding people to return to boasting sessions. This means not sending attorneys and lawyers to sue or drug people back into service. This means not worrying so much that you are missing boasting sessions--there is a correct number of boasting sessions to attend and a correct amount of field circus to do. That is, when the benefit from doing the next unit just starts being below the total cost, you stop. If that happens at zero, you do nothing at all. There is no reason to get negative benefit from going to the boasting sessions when not going is easiest.

Also, what ever happened to that the hounders can get disfellowshipped for being too intrusive? According to their own doctrines, they should leave the judgment to Jesus (who is supposed to be the judge). This means they should not be trying to pry into people's affairs. Nor should they be prying into people's financial lives. How do they know that you are not donating because you need to pay bills, including credit card debt used to pay donations last year? Yup, last year's debt-donations need to be paid off before you make new donations. Or, do they know for sure you are buying silver and gold--or a big fancy new TV? (Which is none of their business, since you alone are going to deal with what you buy or refrain from buying). To me, this sounds like they are usurping Jesus' authority (which, according to their own doctrine, is a major sin because Jesus is supposed to be the final judge).

Never mind whether Jesus exists or not (I don't believe that thing ever did). If their doctrines dictate that they leave it in Jesus' hands (and their doctrines, last I knew, dictated that Jesus was joke-hova's appointed judge), they are usurping this authority by hounding you like this. And this would warrant disfellowshipping the hounders--and possibly the whole religion.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Well I destroyed my Blood Card about 6 weeks ago.
    Due to the indoctrination, I cringe at the idea of having a blood transfusion, but I have decided in the event that I may need one, I will allow myself to be given one, I do not intend to have myself offered as a sacrifice on the GB's alter of sacrifice.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Pronomo, you're getting it!

• freddo
    freddo

You do need to be firm. Whether they are showing sincere loving interest or whether they are on a power trip "treat these two imposters just the same" and simply say as many times as you need:

"Thank you for your interest, brother - I have some personal matters that need all my attention right now and so I won't be able to join in/join up/do that/have a shephering visit/go on the ministry with you/ if anything changes I'll let you know."

They will let you go or may offer help - if so politely say

"like I said brother I have some matters to attend to over the coming weeks - if anything changes I will let you know."

If they really persist just put your hand up and say "I know where you are if I need you, gotta run!" and walk away.

Rinse and repeat as often as you need.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I haven't carried a blood card in 5-10 years, nor has my spouse. My spouse has said (more than once) that the logic behind the blood policy is weak at best, and easily argued against...but would still refuse blood when it came down to it. A little confusing, but I haven't ever pushed on the issue.

If this scheme of collecting copies of everyone's blood cards does play out, I'll be curious to see how it plays out in my family.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I haven’t been to a meeting in over two-and-a-half years. The COBE called me after the remnants of a hurricane came through and since I didn’t know who it was, I answered. Now I’ve programmed his number in my phone and know not to answer. I usually screen all my calls anyway. If I don’t recognize the number, I don’t answer.
    Some months later, it snowed, and another elder was calling around to let everyone know the meeting was canceled. I didn’t answer and it rolled to voicemail.
    I haven’t heard anything since. I purposely moved my records to a Hall outside the ‘territory’ I live in. I attended that hall about a month-and-a-half before I quit. A handful of people there knew me or vaguely knew who I was in relation to relatives. By and large, I’m betting they likely forgot I was there.
    Elders are very busy doing the busywork that maintains their position. They’ve little time to drive outside their territory to visit someone they do not know or hardly remember. I’m not the only ‘inactive’ person out there either…there are likely several dozen.
    There is lots of transition in the area. Congregations and even the circuit being re-orged. It’s easy to get lost in the mix.
    Of course, there is always a slim chance I get recognized on Youtube. But then, they would have to take the effort to figure out where my records are parked to come after me. They’ve much bigger fish to fry.

• Giordano
    Giordano

When I first heard about carrying a No Blood card in your wallet or purse I thought damn that's really a suicide note!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Most elders are to lazy to do all these things the borg wants them to do. Also many are fading and the elders just don't care.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I noticed that the document is made for England. Is it the same thing in Canada? Did they send that letter to elders in Canada?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I used to panic a bit too. It's all good. When it comes down to it, the Eldubs are just dudes who think they have to tow the line. They do what they have to do, and ONLY that.

They do not want to deal with any emotional or depressed souls, not really. All you have to do is:

1) Get stumbled. ( Pedo stuff is perfect for this.)

2) Tell an Elder you have doubts about l the changes. ( This may sound counter-intuitive, but they have all the same doubts. You just have to play the part of depressed sheep and do not attack! )

3) Have some kind of undiagnosed medical condition that makes resting a must.

4) Be consistent in playing your role. ( Remember that Magic movie with Hugh Jackman? There was an old Chinese dude who had a trick that no one could solve. Watch that scene and you will understand, Grasshopper."

DD 😇😈

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit