Should Christians drink cappucino?

by ozziepost 25 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Well,

Old Sigmund did the best he knew how. He was aneurologist with hyterical female patients, and he, as a practioner had to try to figure out some way to help them, so in that sense he made a pioneering effort. He was a great writer. Unfortunately, most of what he wrote turned out to be wrong.

I don't mean to be harsh, but how did you get sucked into seven years of study into obsolete ideas? There are many other models of human behavior, since the 1950's to the present day that have more explanatory power than Freud, Jung, and Adler.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

No, No, No, Venice,
    You missed it. RHW, is MDS-ian. All the signs are there. Please my beloved Goddess, come back to us. We need to perform some exorcism on you.
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Ozzie,
    That was truly hilarious. But on a serious note, it does point out the faulty reasoning (or no reasoning) on the WT's part.
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Frenchy and Java,
    Please, please, come over to our house and bring your weapons. We want to do an all out comparison of the mayvens of coffee-land! We will be the testers.
    TW
    P.S. Java I have drank cold coffee, but not right out of the pot yet. It saves time on waiting for it to cool down.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I collect antique coffee grinders and some information about the history of coffee. Sometimes it's difficult telling the difference between fable and history, but here is one brief story of the holy bean.

It's believed that Kaldi, a goatherder who lived in Yemen around 800 a.d. was the first to discover the benefits of the coffee tree. He noticed his herd of goats eating the little red berries growing on the large-leafed bushes, and thereafter engaged in a few hours of playful behavior. According to one source, he thought they "looked like a group of children at play."

Naturally enough, he ate some of the berries too, and before long was soon frolicking right along with his goat herd. However, it wasn't long before this strange behavior was noticed by the monks from the nearby monastery. Kaldi and the monks then discovered that by soaking the berries in water and drinking the brew, they were kept fully awake during prayers.

Of course, there are other possibilities about the origin of coffee, but as a group of Witnesses and former Witnesses, I thought the Kaldi and monk story offered the most entertainment.

This we know for sure; about 900 a.d., the famous Arabian physician, Rhazes, first wrote about coffee calling it "bunca." He dried beans, crushed and mixed the beans with fat, forming little balls of food. Later, even a wine was made from the raw beans.

Going back to Kaldi and his heard of goats story; this proves coffee is DEMONIC because goats and monks were the first to discover coffee, and used the bean to keep practitioners of false religion awake. That's why I enjoy the holy beans!

--JAVA, a cup without coffee is like a room without windows

Edited by - JAVA on 10 February 2001 9:54:23

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

TW, I think I'm back now. I think I'm okay. I just crawled out from behind the coffee roaster at Starbucks....the exorcism was a success. Wow, the MDSing of the goddess was frightening, to say the least....cheeky little bugger, isn't he? But, he didn't get away with it for long!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit