Should Christians drink cappucino?

by ozziepost 25 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Ah, interesting subject. But what all have failed to realize. Yes, failed, failed, failed to realize, is that caffeine, in and of itself is a drug. Yes, yes, yes, a drug. And should this bother us? Should it?

Think on this. A drug. Not a food, no, no, no, but a drug. And why should be we concerned about this drug....this caffeine? Why?

We are told by God to stay away from druggery. Why? Because Satan can take over our minds....yes, our minds. Do we want to give our minds to Satan? No, no, no, we do not.

So, it is not only the evil Cappuchino against which we need to guard ourselves, but also any type of caffeinated beverage. It is only in this way, yes, this way, only this way, yes; that we can remain pure....pure, pure, pure....and worthy in His sight.

All of those who imbibe the demonic caffeine shall find that they will be sorely tried, yes, tried, for a period of 67 3/4 hours. This trying shall commence shortly, but I cannot divulge the actual time at this point. No, no, no....the time is not yet.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

You Morman by chance

• Deacon
    Deacon

Any substance which produces a reaction, is technically a drug. As to the benefitis of the stimulant....that is another question...meetings produce a reaction in me solely on the basis of being there...I fall asleep.

• Kismet
    Kismet

[Any substance which produces a reaction, is technically a drug. ]

hmmm so women are drugs eh??? Oh may I never be cured from my addiction!!!! [8>]

while on the topic of stimulants.....

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

[email protected], brother!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Englishman
    Englishman

Dear Red Horse woman,

You said: ""We are told by God to stay away from druggery.""

I think that God actually said to stay away from buggery.

Englishman.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    I think that God actually said to stay away from buggery.

Oh, crap! You're right. Damn! All this time I've wasted! Starbucks, here I come!!!

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Red,

Englishman didn't quite get it right.....

The fact is, although adultery may be acceptable to the Tory party, buggery certainly isn't. Tim Renton

The English party, not necessarily God, is against buggery.

Of course, if more Americans actually knew what buggery was, they might be against it too. But not necessary. This is America.

America is a mistake, a giant mistake. Sigmund Freud

waiting

• larc
    larc

Waiting - Freud

Much of what Freud taught was a giant mistake. His method of psychotherapy, Pychoanalysis, was ineffectual, and his theory of child developement is a total crock. His theory of personality can't be proved or disproved, much like MDS's ideas. His ideas of the Defense Mechanisms, which his daughter, Anna, put into print, not him, have merit, and Freud's idea of the unconscious has support. Hey, 2 out 5 ain't bad.

I think the US as a "giant mistake" is a better place than Hitler's Germany that Freud escaped from with his life intact to live in our "giant mistake."

• Deacon
    Deacon

Freuds greatest achievement was the postulation of a theory that is very difficult to disprove.

It doesnt mean it is right...it just means that I had to waste 7 years learning it along with other drivel....and discard all of it when another set of analysis models came along...

oh well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit