lager , lager , lager.

by sleepy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Sleepy wrote

"Bet you pay more for you 50cl's than we do for our pints."

I should imagine so. I have brewed my own beer for years now, ingredients cost about 1£/gallon and the best part is that my missus likes it.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Little Toe

Am I totally wrong remembering this 1/8th? I paid attention to the volume about 25 years ago when I had to live off from my daily allowance. Later I have more or less slipped these into my expense sheets.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Sleepy, my little Welsh compatriot,

Here in England, we call it lager. Actually that's not quite true, some people call it gnats piss. Or Euro-fizz. Whatever, beer needs to be around the 5% mark if it's going to make an impression.

Englisshman.

• og
    og

Simon, our micro brews can be tremendous. Beyond that, I cannot defend American beer.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Little Toe.......I'm with you!! I LOVE Guinness, and Glenmorangie is the best.

On our first night in Scotland, (1996) we were in an Indian restaurant, in Balloch, and asked for their best Scotch. They suggested Glenmorangie, and we had never heard of it. The waiter came back to tell us they were out of it, but would get us some. They sent someone out to get it especially for us!! We all four agreed, it was awesome!!!

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Here in my town we have a glass of beer and its called the Big Daddy 25oz. of the smoothest LAGER BEER in Canada Yes my fellow Canadians
    MOLSON CANADIAN LAGER BEER!!
    American Beer tastes like #@^#*!! But I love my fellow americans, none the less.
    So in Britian I would feel quite at home with a P or Q of the good stuff.
    THREE CHEERS FOR BEER!!!!!!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I’m moving to Sweden!!!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• cgarguy
    cgarguy

Screw the beer - the finest drink on the planet is SCOTCH!
    You fellows in England need to go up north - take it from
    a Cigar & Scotch Guy.

Cgarguy

• cgarguy
    cgarguy

You fellows in England need to take a trip up north - Scotch
    is the finest drink on the planet - screw the beer.

Add a fine cigar and you've entered heaven on earth.

cgarguy

• Kep
    Kep

Is it true that they serve the beer in England warm??
    Do they do that in most Euro countries ??
    Way down here we have it cold, pints or 1/2 pints.
    My Dad and I had an awesome watering hole, it was just around the corner from where we stayed. No need to drive home, just a brisk walk and we were home.
    It's gone now, they turned it into a McDonalds of all things!!
    Kep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit