Will they jump of the building?

by John Aquila 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It will burn out slowly, not suddenly be discovered in the midst of a crime like Enron. If something comes to shut it down suddenly, it will get a loyal underground following.

If I am wrong, and it is suddenly "not there" due to scandal or government, there will possibly be many suicides.

I think with the instant communications network, we can help them. Df'ed/DA'ed/Faded ones will be ready to help those that need to face reality.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    If some huge scandal erupts, it will be Satan's lies, because he is like a roaring lion, and they will be sooo excited, because this was all supposed to happen anyway. Never mind other scandals that have destroyed other groups, theirs would be the only one that had no truth to it but was a complete facade, caused by Satan and the fulfillment of prophecy :/.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

I think with the instant communications network, we can help them.

OnTheWayOut

What a great thought!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

John Aquila,

"...the government steps in to investigate and finds them guilty and legally shuts them down permanently, will there be tons of suicides?"

Perhaps a few but not that many. Power hungry elders will probably step in to fill the void. The prospect of becoming a GB member or one of the top dogs will be a lure for them.

During Rutherford's reign up to 3/4 of the witnesses left. It was still able to grow again and bigger than before.

However, what may be interesting to see is what would happen if the GB were to abandon the Organization with tens of millions of dollars in their pockets. Even then the Witnesses will think that the forces of evil killed them or that they are hiding from persecution, ready to communicate with them in secret, since the end is near.

Also, it is very doubtful that government has the power or inclination to shut down any religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit