Will they jump of the building?

by John Aquila 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

During the depression people committed suicide because everything they had invested in was gone Overnight in an Instant. Many people are very fragile creatures.

If by some freaking chance, (like Enron, Tiger Woods, or the morning of August 1945 in Hiroshima) the WTS gets caught in a humongous scandal, say like links to human sex trafficking, (I can fantasize right) and the government steps in to investigate and finds them guilty and legally shuts them down permanently, will there be tons of suicides? Or will the majority of JW members just go back to their former religions and get on with life.

Learning TTATT slowly is hard enough, but leaning it like this would definitely be a mind blowing shock to all JWs around the world..

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I think the persecution complex is built up enough that quite a few would only redouble their efforts to remain loyal to the cult if the government tried to shut them down. If, on the other hand, some freak natural disaster (an asteroid strikes the new cult compound right after completion and kills the entire GB and most of the higher-ups - now who's fantasizing?) I think there could be something like what you're talking about.

There's been too much preparing (even the recent "gog of magog" change) for a government to try to shut them down that I think it might actually have the opposite effect and pull in a lot of the fence-sitters and doubters.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Just from speaking to many super in people, they talk about their whole life being a waste if its not the truth.

Now if it all crashed down to the point of nonexistent people ARE going to kill themselves, who and how many, not sure.

I liken it to the Matrix and waking people up, some people just couldn't handle it if they are not prepared, even for us who were prepared, we often go through a great deal of psychological distress, imagine those that are no where near that.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I liken it to the Matrix and waking people up, some people just couldn't handle it if they are not prepared, even for us who were prepared, we often go through a great deal of psychological distress, imagine those that are no where near that

I agree with you freemindfade, I was talking to and elder and his family and they told me if it wasn't the truth, they would all just prefer to die. Of course the teenage kids were freaking shocked.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I can fantasize right

and thats about where this theorized suggestion will stay.

There been other religious organizations that eventually admitted to its wrongful doctrines and there wasn't an onslaught of suicides.

The WTs has been framed and structured to withstand its own self imposed let downs.

There are people (GB) whose sole task and responsibility is to make sure the organization sustains itself and that is done by creating more alluring bullshit for the masses and support those assertions by the basic belief in the bible.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

The WTs has been framed and structured to withstand its own self imposed let downs…. There are people (GB) whose sole task and responsibility is to make sure the organization sustains itself and that is done by creating more alluring bullshit

That’s true and they just celebrated 100 years since 1914

But sometimes sh** happens.

The same people whose responsibility is to make sure the organization sustains itself by creating more alluring bullshit are the same people that are blowing the horn on themselves and getting people’s attention to how crazy and deceptive the WT really is.

Other religious organizations that eventually admitted to its wrongful doctrines were different from the Watchtower in that none of them demanded the devotion and strict adherence that the WT demands of its members. For example these other religious organizations don’t demand their followers to go door to door, to refuse blood in a life and death situation, they don't disfellowship and force their members to shun their children and parents, they are not against Higher Education, and they are not adversarial with people concerning certain holidays and events like birthdays, and they don't demand their members to be no part of the world with regard to jw children and normal school activities. That is why these other religious organizations continue when they are caught red handed with false doctrines.

Because it really doesn’t cost the members anything.

But for Jehovah witnesses the cost is high. Many have lost loves ones because of the blood doctrine, many have wasted their entire life pioneering a false message. Some lost out on marriage or kids because they couldn’t find someone in the “Lord” to marry so they stayed single all their life with no family of their own. Many have had to live paycheck to paycheck because they followed faithfully the admonition to not pursue higher education. And worse, once a person becomes a JW, that person builds his/her social world around other JW members Only. So if that person ever leaves the organization that person becomes socially inept and has a difficult time learning how to function normally and building any type of strong social relationships.

This is the difference between what causes a person to lose it or to just blow it off.

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

But...That'S all they're waiting for!!!

They will say that it's the great tribulation starting and they'll be more than ever united, even if they can't hear from their mother organisation!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

John Aquila - "If by some freaking chance, (like Enron, Tiger Woods, or the morning of August 1945 in Hiroshima) the WTS gets caught in a humongous scandal, say like links to human sex trafficking, (I can fantasize right) and the government steps in to investigate and finds them guilty and legally shuts them down permanently, will there be tons of suicides?"

Members committed suicide over 1914. Members committed suicide over 1975.

Count on it.

x

Tempest in a Teacup - "But...That'S all they're waiting for!!! They will say that it's the great tribulation starting and they'll be more than ever united, even if they can't hear from their mother organisation!"

Not quite.

This may be splitting hairs, but WT eschatology states that the Org will be attacked. It doesn't say it'll be destroyed. (It's "God's Organization", after all. "Satan's World" can't destroy it; if it could, it wouldn't be "God's Organization".)

Besides, they've given every indication that they intend on being around to rule the planet after the Big A. You can't make an assertion like that if you're expecting to be snuffed out.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Members committed suicide over 1914. Members committed suicide over 1975.

I didn't know that, interesting!

A pioneer sister in my hall about 30 years ago committed suicide. Before she killed herself she started losing it and mumbling in the Kingdom Hall, "1914 is not true, we are being tricked" She did this for about a month and disappeared.

We thought she was having family problems because her Non-JW husband had left her. Eventually some of the sisters went to visit her and found her dead. She had been dead for weeks.

Now after 30 years I believe she found out TTATT and had no support. It really is devastating when you find out you don't have the Truth.

• kairos
    kairos

I believe the JW phenomenon will go down in world history as one of the most damaging social experiments ever.

Yes, I sadly think there will be thousands of suicides.
    I really expect this. Gut wrenching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit