June 1st WT...The WTS's Fixation with Death

by ISP 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ISP
    ISP

The June 1st WT has the cover article ‘Should You Be Afraid of Death?’ On the first page it sets the scene as to how ‘death casts a shadow over us’. It then seemingly gloats over how people in the world are fixated by death.

Even so, death seems to fascinate people. Nothing would appear to sell more newspapers or draw more to the television screen than reports of death, particularly death of large numbers of people in horrifying circumstances. People cannot get enough of it, whether it is by death by war, natural disaster, crime, or disease.

(Page 3 June 1st WT)

Ok then, who does death fascinate most? Who cannot get ‘enough of it’? Is it not the WTS itself? On the back cover of the same magazine there is an article entitled ‘Down They Went’. It recalls how Moses celebrated ‘the annihilation of the pursuing Egyptian enemy’. The article also mentions the occasion when 250 of Korah were incinerated. The article encourages all to ‘learn about and obey Jehovah’ to avoid a similar calamity. The article has a picture of a hand disappearing under the waves to impress the point further. The WTS may call others but it cynically uses death and the threat of death to attempt to control its followers.

ISP

• b_ster
    b_ster

Death fascinates us? So when 3,000 people were massacred on 9/11, we were just "fascinated"?! We can't get enough of that? They (WTS) are the one who are the sick bastards.

Do they somehow believe that when we see death on the screen we want to see more?!! When we see it we are shocked, saddened and never want to see it again..

b_ster

• LB
    LB

Fixation with death? ME??

Pot calling the kettle black here wouldn't you say? It's the fear of death that the society relies on I'd say. Fear of a physical death and threat of a spiritual death if you don't comply.

3000 dead is nothing compared to what the WTBTS promises.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

3000 dead is nothing close to what the WT has GIVEN us...

• Latte
    Latte

What a warped mind wrote that article

The WTS are truly disgusting in their manipulation of others. Dwelling on such articles would bring nothing but sadness, and depression to the readers.

Perhaps I'm forgetting that they are in fact the 'Happiest People on The Earth'. (NOT) [8>]

Latte

• D8TA
    D8TA
    People cannot get enough of it, whether it is by death by war, natural disaster, crime, or disease.

What the? What the? **studders** **studders** **blinks** **looks to all of you in confusion** What the? What the?

Who the hell WROTE this? Oh wait, that's right...another ANONYMOUS author who is most likely on prozac.

I dont' know about all of you...but
    {start D8TA sarcasim}

That's right I can't get enough of "death". I just stand in awe when I see a starving child in the streets of Jakarta, in moments of it's final breath. FASCINATING! Or how about coming upon a scene of an automobile accident?? Those are intriguing...I don't know about you, I just don't stand there horrified trying to aid the victims--nope, I'm just so FASCINATED I take it all in! I can't get enough! Nothing like entrails strewn out by that person who went thru the windshield.

I don't know what planet you people come from, but here on earth, whenever a catastrophe occurs...people run to their T.V. with smiles of Fascination on there faces, saying "Yipiee" another few thousand victims...and one includes my mate/relative! Woohoo! I just can't get "enough" of it!

{end D8TA sarcasm}

The whole "ANONYMOUS" author scenario with WT and Awakes! make sense now. Would YOU really want to put your name after writing an article as ignorant as this? What college did this author go to?? Oh wait, did I say "college"? This article is something I would read in from a J.R. High author...no scratch that...ELEMENTARY school!

Sick bastard. Can't please HIS fetish (women writers at Bethel? Are you nuts? THERE ARE NONE!) in "secular" print, so he uses this "channel of communication".

(D8TA goes in to mindless passionate rant...)

D8TA

• Xenu
    Xenu

A famous Pop musical star stated that Americans are fascinated and obsessed with death. And his videos were meant to reflect that. Talking about death and the hope after is not peculiar to the Jehovahs.

• Panda
    Panda

Dear Death,
    You fascinate me. I can't stop thinking about your unknowable ways and place. I especially appreciate your egalitarian constitution... every living thing eventually succombs to your charm.You play no favorites. We are all irresistably drawn to you..inch by inch; moment by moment...until WHAM. and apparently as the dead we become fascinating to our live bretheren. Of course we are all interested in the future and everyones future includes death. Good grief, dearest Death. When Dickenson wrote "I kindly stopped for death, because he could not stop for me" Did she mean that you were too busy? Well it's no wonder all of that facsinating death work you do everyday! L'Chaim [8>]

• simplesally
    simplesally

Actually, I have set this magazine aside to read. I have been scared to die and what happens after death since I left the truth.

I am so unsure, so unsettled. I sometimes want to just pull over on the freeway and cry.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Watchtower hypocrisy # 42,398,988,190,232.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit