Question for those who believe the bible.

by seven006 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Dave good to eeee you again.

I cant answer not one of your questions. I had all the answers when I was a JW.

I dont know about the Bible since I left the "lie" I do read it on occasion. I dont have a religion. I wont ask ANY man again what to believe-( I did that for over 20 years)

My problem is I feel There HAS to be a Creator( God) The only reason is when I look out my window & see the lovely red,blue,Birds who sing so lovely- When I look at a baby- so perfect-even when they are not perfect.I do think that the WTower is a breeding ground for Atheists. As you must remember I have lost 3 children in death- & one to the WTower. I too had a hard time believing GOD was a realityafter those losses .But tell me please HOW did it come to be so beautiful( Gods Things) if HE wasnt the maker.??????.....((((hug)))

Grace

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I would love to E Mail you. Or maybe you could E mail me? I too am a Great Grandma!

My E Mail address is posted but it is:

[email protected]

I would love to hear from you!

Golden Girl...aka...Snoozy

• seven006
    seven006

Grace,

If I had all the answers I would start my own religion and make you the high priestess of sweetness. I don't know about the blue birds, I have heard that kind of rational before. I can see the point but then I look at the bones of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, look at his teeth, and then wonder if there is a god, what in the hell was he thinking? I also look at the many hidden viruses that creep into our existence that cause pain, suffering, pimples, and flesh pealing off our bodies and again ask, what was he thinking? The same line of questioning goes with earthquakes, volcanos, hurricanes, floods, the deadliest poison known to man from the tiny blue ringed octopus of Australia as well as the very cute but common disease carrying New York City sewer rat.

When trying to find this loving peaceful god we look at flowers and birds. When trying to ask specific questions about the bad stuff we look at the yen of god and say its some mythical evil creature that god can't seem to destroy without first letting him mess with our lives in this cosmic game of "who's your daddy".

If I had the answer that worked for everyone I would certainly give it to you and everyone else I know. All I have is the answer that works for me. Maybe it is just like romantic love, they say there is a person out there for everyone. That one person may not be right for others but for you, they are the one. Some times you go through many who are not the one before you find that one special person. Even when you find that special one you may find out that they lost all there specialness long ago and you end up with what is left over. When you finnaly get tired of looking for that special one you take a deep breath, collect all your thoughts and then it hits you, you yourself are that special one, not somebody else.

I look at spirituality the same way. I consider myself a fairly spiritual person but I am very anti religion and the coin has not yet landed on my palm to tell me whether I believe in god or not. I also don't think I have to make that kind of decision to continue on with my life. If there is a god, and he is as wise, loving, and caring as I am to my own sons, then he/she/it doesn't care whether I choose one particular concept of his existence or not. After all, he's god, why does he need little old me to make a decision whether he exists or not? It doesn't make any difference in the large scheme of things. If he possess ultimate intelligence then my simple way of thinking doesn't amount to anything to him. He just likes me cuz I'm me, and I'm a nice guy. If I do feel I need to come to a conclusion that he does indeed exist then I will look at him just as I think he will look at me. I will like him because he is a nice guy. Not the neurotic insecure genocidal manic that is portrayed in the many religious books.

If there is a god I hope he looks at my good stuff and laughs at my many mistakes. If there is any particular thought that I have come to with all my research, pondering, meditating, and recreational substance experimentation it is there is something out there really nice and someday I just might see it. Until then I follow one simple rule of my spiritual existence and that is "be nice." That is way too simple of a concept for all religion to adopt. They couldn't sell many books or have all those big churches and temples built when every Sunday they simple stand up on a podium and tell everyone to simply "be nice." Where the hell is all the money and glory in that?

Big hug back at'cha

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

<<<The Hulk is returning in 8 months (summer of 2003) >>>

PLM,

Does this mean you are going to start dating again?

Dave

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hello Dave,

***He just likes me cuz I'm me, and I'm a nice guy. If I do feel I need to come to a conclusion that he does indeed exist then I will look at him just as I think he will look at me. I will like him because he is a nice guy. Not the neurotic insecure genocidal manic that is portrayed in the many religious books***

Kinda like "Iam OK your Ok".........I like it......not much mysticism, or basis for more than a 21/2 minute sermon. But then again "be nice" kinda takes the 'praise the lord' outa the mix as well.

Be nice!

BearAss

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I can see the point but then I look at the bones of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, look at his teeth, and then wonder if there is a god, what in the hell was he thinking?

Me to LOL

Does this mean you are going to start dating again?

Yep honey, I've been waiting a long time to come out of retirement. I'll probably make a mess out of him.

Poor guy.

• seven006
    seven006

Danny

How the hell are ya? Ya, be nice is quite a complex and mystical concept. I wish I would have figured that out before I had to read all those damn books.

Plm,

Remember he only blows up, turns green and his eyes glow yellow when you piss him off. Kind'a like most guys I guess. At least he can blow him self up, that will keep things easier for you. I'm just try'n to help ya pal.

Dave

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Dave:

I admired this sincere serious thread of yours, as much of what you write is in humor.

You said if the Flood could be proven as factual you would perhaps believe .

If the flood were factual then we could assume the bible in whole is factual. We could assume God would have preserved this record (the bible) with accuracy.

Heres my problem:

If the Bible is for real and our life depends upon knowing it, believing it, living by it.............

then how is God going to deal with the MILLIONS who know nothing about it? If it and it's words contain life for us.......how is it fair to the MILLIONS who know nothing about it or ever will?

Cannot God with his miraculous powers see to it that all have the same chance as those who have a Bible. If this book contains all truths about God........then many are screwed aren't they?????

• seven006
    seven006

Gumby,

As I recall the bible says that if people don't get the message out to everyone on the planet god will make the rocks cry out. I don't know about you but if I ever have a conversation with a rock I will definitely start to believe in something. I came close when I was married, except I think a rock is a tad bit smarter than my ex-wife. I'm holding on to my pet rock just in case that day comes, I don't want to hear Armageddon is coming from a stranger.

It all sounds so logical, I don't understand how I can't believe all this stuff. If it all turns out to be true, we never had this conversation!

Gott'a go, the oak tree out back is calling me on the phone. I think he's a little mad that I have been pissing on his feet. I knew I shouldn't have bought him that damn cell phone.

Dave

• gumby
    gumby

Dave,

After reading your reply I have finally realized I have not had the best greenbud around regardless of what people say.......damn liars! We need to get together.

I am as baffled about God as anyone else. I believe in a creator with a purpose in mind but cannot believe the message the Bible delivers as it does not answer the many questions I have and probably never will.

The Bibles answer on pain and suffering sucks! There is no reason good enough for what man has gone thru nor are those answers fair.

I say find the "kind" you are smoking and kick back and let someone like Farkle figure it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit