Interesting Observation by a Coworker

by breakfast of champions 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Over the past couple years, I've confided my whole "apostate experience" to one of my coworkers, everything from 607 and 1914, to disfellowshipping and being raised with the constant fear my worldly family would die in Armageddon. So he knows the whole witness thing.

Anyway, he tells me this experience he had on Tuesday:

You wouldn't believe this, BOC. Yesterday I was at Starbucks and there were two witnesses sitting together with books and magazines and bibles all out on the table, and they were arguing over those dates you were telling me about! [607, 1914] The one guy was saying that it was a bunch of bullshit, and the other guy was trying to defend it, but not very well. It ended up with the one saying that he's done, he's finished, he can't go on with this anymore.

So evidently, this series of watchtowers (along with everything else they've lied about over the past 140 years) may just be waking a few people up!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

This is an interesting observation BOChamps, thanks for sharing.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

This is encouraging to hear. Thank you BOC for sharing. I want to hear the GB is becoming so paranoid in thier writings and instructions that many people will finally be forced to wake up.

• Laika
    Laika
    It ended up with the one saying that he's done, he's finished, he can't go on with this anymore.

Wow, he was very trusting of the other JW. I hope he doesn't get disfellowshipped.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

I think your coworker made that up. Seriously.

• Ding
    Ding

Hard to imagine two JWs debating about that in public.

• designs
    designs

JW Theology debates at Starbucks, sounds good. Glad people were eavesdropping. Years ago at a local cafe a RV overheard three sisters bitching about the people they meet in service and making jokes about them (that ended the RV).

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Addressing some of the credibility issues here. . . .

This guy isn't the type to yank you around. He's a pretty straight-shooter, and this story was unsolicited. There's nothing for him to gain out of it, and honestly we haven't even discussed my JW issues in quite awhile.

As for the plausibility of two JWs discussing doubts openly at a Starbucks - entirely possible! In fact, it tells me I need to be more careful when I discuss this stuff with my coworker and others in public!

I more got the impression that whoever was doing the doubting didn't fully realize what the consequences of coming out (and doing so in public) could possibly be.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Could have been a bible study

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It ended up with the one saying that he's done, he's finished, he can't go on with this anymore.

Not THAT'S a powerful witness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit