Is my Judicial Commitee Guided by Holy Spirit?

by 70wksfyrs 19 Replies latest jw friends

• losingit
    losingit

Judicial Committees are not guided by Holy Spirit. No, they are not!

I worry about your 11-year-old child. For me, what helps with my kids is keeping them active. We go to parks, the library, museums. During the summer it was so much easier because the pool was right there with kids ready to play. Now that the school year is here I plan to sign them up for afterschool activities where they can make new friends. At first I was worried for them because they had so many little friends in the organization. My oldest especially has a best friend whose father is an elder. Our families often hung out together at each other's houses, and into really late at night! They hung out once over the summer because my former friends texted and made plans to pick up my younguns. But, what's great is that my oldest has best friends at her school. No, they haven't had a playdate. (I did try, it just didn't work out). But she's happy with those friends. They talk and they giggle and they play. I don't know if your 11-year-old is suffering because of limited interaction with family....

I understand about being in a family dynamic where there is domestic violence, and you have my deepest condolences. It hurts so much when someone you love chooses to use violence against you. Any type is unacceptable-- emotional, physical, psychological. You have a community here that will listen to you and offer you wonderful advice. Post, post, post!

• karter
    karter

Holy spirit at a J.C!!!!

Belive me i'm not makeing this up.

J.C ,D.F's a guy turns out one of the elders on the commite was haveing an affair with a married sister.

Guy appointed an Elder while he's ripping of people for millions of dollors,Serves on J.C's D.F's people....ends up going to jail for 3 years.

So were was the holy spirit when a guy who was haveing an affair gets on a J.C and were was it when a guy is appointed an elder while ripping people off for millions???

Karter.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

No, your Judicial Committee is absolutely NOT guided by Holy Spirit. None of them are. The elders are making it up as they go along.

Here'a an excerpt from a recent thread on the subject that you might find informative:

If an apostate can be reinstated--and we know that many of us have--then that means either one of two things:

1. There is no "Holy Spirit" overseeing this so-called "Judicial Hearing" process, or,
    2. Holy Spirit is ok with allowing apostates "back-in" so they can freely associate with their relatives and friends.

Either way, it absolutely proves: THIS IS NOT GOD'S ORGANIZATION!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Its laughable but serious, I just want to be reunited with my dear loved ones again, some elderly ones miss me. Others I really want to reconnect with. For my 11yr old this is really damaging. Finally I am hurting from the isolation.

I've been out for 25 years, and the catalyst for my df'ing was domestic violence and death threats by my jw husband, so I know of what I speak. First of all, why are you putting the onus on yourself for "dear loved ones" shunning you? Shouldn't they be suporting you, since you've been both a victim of your abusive husband and crackpot elders who df'd you for simply telling the truth?

Every non-jw member of my family is opposed to the Watch Tower due to my experience. My mom has shunned me the whole time, and as a result, she's earned the disgust of her other child, her siblings, and their offspring. Let your "dear loved ones" soak in that kind of disapproval from your non-jw family and the world at large.

Second, your 11-year old watching you beg to be reinstated into a vicious cult is as damaging as him or her being part of the cult. Get and keep your kid out and as far away from the Watch Tower as possible. The reasons to do so are too many to list, but they range from Armageddon related fears to exposure to pedophiles who are protected by secrecy within the congegation. Don't allow him or her to think that any of this is normal; otherwise that poor kid may form a pattern of getting into abusive relationships in the future.

Third, you violated two of this cult's most important rules. You spoke out against a man. Kingdom Halls are nothing more than a place for the "good 'ol boy" committees to meet. The elders may smile in your face, but they're stabbing you in the back for not knowing your place. And you didn't keep dirty little secrets that are supposed to be covered up so as not to harm the all mighty organization's reputation.

Fourth, don't isolate yourself or children. Go out into the world and find some nice, normal people to associate with. Doing so will really help to free you of the cult mentality.

Lastly, if there even is such a thing as holy spirit, the Watch Tower organization is the last place it would be found. So don't waste your time worrying about it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is my Judicial Commitee Guided by Holy Spirit?

Your JC ic Guided by a JW Elders..

Who breath Harsh Cleaning Fluids all day..

And..

Mop Floors while Deciding your Future..

.........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Outlaw, that would be funny if it wasn't true.

• nochoice
    nochoice

Hello 70wksfyrs. Although many here would counsel you against getting reinstated, if that's what you've decided to do, here are a few things you can do to expedite it.

Act like a JW except for the fact that you cannot comment or talk to anyone! Make sure you underline your WT and Jeremiah book. Make sure you follow along during the meeting. And when you get back in the room again with the elders, be sure to tell them that you continue to study for the meeting parts and prepare and have your own family worship night. Let them know that you cannot wait to get back out in the field minsitry to talk about how loving Jehovah God is.

Talk about what a great job the elders are doing in the congregation. If there is one elder in particular that seems to be the hold up for your case, be sure to take special note of his parts so that you can express how much you were encouraged by the way he said this or that.

You want these elders to feel that you think they're amazing, and you want them to think that when you're reinstated you're going to be on fire, rather than someone they're going to have to watch and nurture. When discussing a reinstatement decision, I've heard elders say something to the effect of, "how much work is he going to be for us when he's reinstated?" You don't want to be work for them. You want them to think you're going to bring up the field service hour average in your group, that you're going to be the first to show up for the hall cleaning, and the first to volunteer for hospitality for the speaker, etc. Reinstating you is going to save them time and make them look good.

You don't have to really be that person after you get your stripes, of course!

Oh, and even though you know holy spirit has nothing to do with this, there's nothing wrong with you brining it up. Telling the elders that you hope holy spirit will lead them to deem you repentant and ready for reinstatement will make them feel fuzzy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, that would be funny if it wasn't true.

It`s at Least as Funny as a.. Filled with..

Windowless Kingdom Hall.. JW Window Washers..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Is my Judicial Commitee Guided by Holy Spirit?

I don't know. They might be, but only if the US Congress is also guided by the Holy Spirit.

Heck. THERE is your answer!

Farkel

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

:Is my Judicial Commitee Guided by Holy Spirit?

NO!...why?...I had the happy joy happy 'surprise meetings' of the Idiot JC meetings. The 2nd one at 8:20 am before field service. They were trying to intmidate with questions while staring at me..I listened.. and then I questioned them, Does anyone qualify for anything if he is 'Self Righteous'? one cowardly said... no/ahh.. at that moment it seemed like their heads fell off and the most strangest looking creatures (ugly) had these freaks possessed!! and it wasn't "holy"....Looking back I've been in many JC meetings mostly as the 'guest of honor'...its nothing but CRAP!!

insot4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit