AGM 5 OCTOBER 2013 (UNOFFICIAL RUMORS)

by WatchTower87 293 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The more sudden changes they make, the more people they will lose. It's brilliant! For us.

• wolfman85
  • factfinder
    factfinder

Aside from a new Bible and the exciement over that I don't think they will announce anything that is really earth shaking.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

A couple of quiet years, is my guess, untill something "new" comes along after that.

• besty
    besty

Door 2 door is to become optional, as is time reporting

More emphasis on static booths, shop fronts and the Internet

Disguised as 'where are the people to be found" and reduces liability to more controlled environments

New metrics to be measured and reported will be 'BS requests from jw.org'

The Mormons are a step ahead yet again.

• steve2
    steve2

I may appear incredibly ignorant when I ask this, but here goes - and yes my query is genuine:

Does the GB use the AGM to introduce "refinements" or "adjustments" or new views and/or policies and/or new publications?

• smiddy
    smiddy

When announcements like this are made jehovahs witnesses go into overdrive , assuming that either armageddon , the great tribulation ,or some other watchtower end times prophecy is imminent .

smiddy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, normally the AGM is about as exciting as... well, reading one of Fred Franz's books ... but this is the first time for the video link up, so we might expect a kind of Steve Job's presentation of the new iBible ... maybe. ... but most likely it will be just the usual load of old bollocks...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Never ever used to be, I don't think: traditionally it was always conventions for new publications and "new light". But they started a sort of tradition by Jack Barr introducing the "overlapping generation" teaching at the 2010 AGM. The link ins across the US and beyond perhaps indicate the intention to make the AGM a significant event for the worldwide membership, including dispensing new information and new publications simultaneously to the whole membership.

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

steve2,

You are not ignorant. Great question! The GB often uses the annual meeting to introduce changes of doctrine. For instance, last annual meeting, changes to the identity of the Faithful and Discreet Slave were announced. In a nut shell, this meeting is most similar to a corporation's annual meeting with select sharholders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit