AGM 5 OCTOBER 2013 (UNOFFICIAL RUMORS)

by WatchTower87 293 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

3 hours plus....meeting?...there is a major doctrine change to be explained....be prepared for more confusion fallouts...

• Island Man
    Island Man

Re: new light on 1 Thessalonians 5:3.

I think it is possible that the significance of that verse has been blown out of proportion by the GB in their thinking of it as being some announcement that would indicated destruction is near.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 could simply be an expansion on the thought mentioned in verse 2: "that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night". In other words, the writer, after saying that Jehovah's day is coming as a thief in the night explains the significance of the statement by saying that it would take people by surprise when they feel secure and at peace. The writer could be in effect saying:

"Jehovah's day is coming as a thief in the night, i.e. it would catch the wicked off guard at a time when they feel at peace and secure - like a householder in his bed at night feeling at peace and secure when BAM! a thief comes!"

This possibility is supported by the fact that the very next verse - verse 4 - returns to the illustration of the thief:

"But YOU, brothers, YOU are not in darkness, so that that day should overtake YOU as it would thieves,"

So since 1 Thessalonians 5:3 is sandwiched between 2 verses using the illustration of a thief or thieves coming suddenly in the night, it is very likely that verse 3 is simply an explanation of the significance of the illustration - that people would be caught off guard when they feel at peace and secure. 1 Thessalonians 5:3 is likely not a prophecy of some grand announcement of international proportions related to peace and security and portending imminent destruction. Significantly, no other book of the NT, in speaking about day of Jehovah, mentions anything like is stated at 1 Thessalonians 5:3.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

OKay, we are down to the wire!

Four days for the big AGM of JWs and still nothing concrete about the topics the self-appointed Magnificent 8 GB members will be talking about; other than there's a new Bible and that the gala is said to last 3 1/2 hours.

We all here want to upstage and steal the Manigicent 8's thunder.......don't we? Of course we do!

So are there any elders, elders' wives, ministerial servants or ms wives, COs, D0s, Bethelites etc that can help us out? Please!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I hope to heck that someone is planning on recording this.

I have not actually heard anyone mention that they were planning on recording this, What gives?

NJY

• erbie
    erbie

Maybe they're gonna just throw the towel in

That would be cool...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Did the AGM used to be the meeting where Gilead missionaries graduated or was that a different meeting? Does Gilead still have a graduation ceremony?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Right now today! Its' not so much the content of what is going to be said. Its' all a bunch of hogwash anyway!

Its' all about stealing their thunder, upstaging the 8 GB members! Getting under their skin, if you will!

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I was telling a friend of mine (he is not a JW, never has been) about all the rumors. He came up with this list of possible announcements:

1. There are a few more seats opening up in Heaven so stay with us.

2. We know we keep missing the end of the world dates, but those were just math errors (carrying the 1 etc)

3. Maybe we should wear funny costumes and tell jokes when we do door to door.

4. Do we really believe Prince and the Jacksons follow the same rules are we do?

5. We should change our name because young kids associate ‘witness’ with ‘sniches’ and sniches are biches.

For a non-JW I thought he did a good job!

No Apologies

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

IslandMan:

Thanks for your thoughts on "Peace & Security." I copied them for cataloging here.

(Your writer's fee check is in the mail.)

Take Care

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

I think they will launch a new explanation for some of their Revelation book interpretations. As they did last year with most of Mathew 24, they will move some Revelation fulfillments to the future. It has not much sense to link the trumpets of Revelation to some pamphlets/conventions released/held in the twenties.

Most people who “heard” those trumpets, or at least was old enough to understand the message, is dead by now. So why don’t move this to a future event?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit