AGM 5 OCTOBER 2013 (UNOFFICIAL RUMORS)

by WatchTower87 293 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

My guess is that it will be about "forced money donations", but I hope it is a change of the 144.000....to be just symbolic.

• steve2
    steve2

Rumors are a better way to live one's life than waiting for the end to come, but both can hardly be term fulfilling ways to get through life. The nature of Watchtower dogma is such that it both fosters and condemns rumor. When you're taught that every little sign and event in the world and in the organization is portentous, it's hard not to see meaningful likely Scriptural patterns in the clumps of grass you've newly mowed. Yet moving on from rumor is hard because it can lead to preferred outcomes. From the Witnesses' perspective, rumors make the tedium more bearable. And from ex-Witnesses perspective there's the prospect of seeing the Tower of cards weaken and collapse (slowly over real time). If I'm a sucker for the JW rumor mill, I blame the religion of my upbringing for fostering it.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I never heard it being called the AGM before.

It's the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society of Pennsylvania. The formal business meeting is closed to the public.

Afterwards they have the talks by the gb members. Its a lot of hype and same old same old.

I am interested in hearing what is discussed there but doubt it will be anything of major importance.

• factfinder
    factfinder

JW Gonebad- the 2013 Wt library cd has been available for congregations to request for several months now.

It will most likely be available by December.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

perhaps they'll announce that sisters are to be appointed to serve as elders and ms where there is a shortage of men..

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you factfinder:

JW Gonebad- the 2013 Wt library cd has been available for congregations to request for several months now.
    It will most likely be available by December.

Surprises me that the CD-Rom Library is still being produced. There is waay too much outdated, useless and compromising information that is of no use to the anyone but the anti-JW community. While the speaker at the DC didn't mention anything per say about the eventuality of the CD-Rom Libray, he made it sound like the new JW Research Tool would be replacing the CD-Rom and that only new up-dated JW doctrine would be on the new Research Tool and online only. And if I remember correctly, the speaker was visiting from Bethel and a member of the writing department. We'll see what happens!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Your welcome JW GoneBad!

I wonder if the 2013 wt library cd will include the new JW research tool?

They usually include the new releases on the cd.

• steve2
    steve2

Any on-line tool will be a plus for the organization - readily modifiable and hihgly seletive in its content. In other words, the perfect research data base for the Watchtower's scholastically pragmatic purposes.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

factfinder:

I wonder if the 2013 wt library cd will include the new JW research tool?

They usually include the new releases on the cd.

The speaker specifically stated that the New JW Research Tool would be available on-line only. Thats' why I'm thinking that WT's plan is to very soon....do away with the annual WT CD-Rom Library.

steve2:

Any on-line tool will be a plus for the organization - readily modifiable and hihgly seletive in its content.

Bingo! Readily modifiable! Its' all about control!

WT's current problem is, and its' a big problem! There are literally millions of WT CD-Roms up to the year 2012 in circulation that contain all of WT's current and past mistakes, mis-calculations and inaccuracies and that will mean a big plus for us! These current WT CD-Roms will be enough to keep Mother on the defensive for years and years to come!

• factfinder
    factfinder

JW GoneBad-

I guess the 2013 edition may be the last one.

I wonder if the Reasoning book and Reference Bible are due to go out of print ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit