If YOUR Child Turned Out To Be A Child Abuser Would You Hate Him?

by minimus 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• minimus
    minimus

Otto, wonderfully expressed.

• minimus
    minimus

Not Otto, o t w o

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Are you saying 1) "child abuser" OR 2) "child molester"?

Those are 2 different things.

Way too many JW's abuse their children, right at the KHall. Hitting them, etc. to make them sit still and be quiet. Those children in turn, grow up and do the

same to their children, and most everyone, unfortunately, do not say anything but look the other way.

Are you talking about if your child as a teenager or adult, sexually abuses under age children, what would we personally do, as their parent?

Is that the horrible question you are asking?

Just Lois

• minimus
    minimus

Child abuser, sexually

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

well....I don't hate my abuser. He is a part of my family. I think I would feel different towards the abuser of my children, however. I'd kill. If it were my child inflicting the abuse...I don't know. We have a trial going on here of a kid who killed his coworkers in cold blood. I think about his mother. How do you feel when your child commits such a horrific crime?

I think I would still love my child, but hate what they did.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I just watched a movie about Jeffery Dahmer, the serial killer that ate some of his victims. His father said, in the movie that he wished Jeffery had never been born. The father visited and supported his son because he loved him. That would be a very hard thing to do. I don't think I would hate him but I would be angry with him and hate what he/she did.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

No, I don't think as a mother I could hate my child. However they turn out, I had a part in it. I would report them to the police or child protective services as appropriate and I would never allow them to keep hurting children, but I could not stop loving them. I had to think about it once, my daughter had some mental health issues, and I was concerned that it would affect her parenting, she was a mom at 19. It was hard, but she got her act together, my grandson is now 18, and he turned out fine, as good as they come.

• fiddler
    fiddler

I haven't read all the responses but this is something I DO think about. My only child out of 4 that remained a JW also is the only one with a child........my grandchild! She has cut me off so I don't know how things are with her and my little grandbaby but I do know that she was raised with abuse.

My husband was raised in an abusive enviromemt..........not JW..........fundy Christian.............and I learned that he had routinely 'disciplined' our kids while I was away in the same manner he himself was disiplined.........ABUSE! By being 'away' I mean when I was doing grocery shopping or working. My kids withheld this information from me until they were teenagers but I knew it was true when I heard it. I knew something was not quite right but I didn't dig deep enough while I was IN the religion. This I will carry with me to my grave.

Since being 'cut off' from my daughter I really wonder how things are going for her and my grandchild. I wonder if the 'apple hasn't fallen far from the tree' so to speak. I wonder what is going on with my grandbaby.

I don't know how to reach them. My daughter doesn't respond to my messages so I don't even know if she's getting them I don't know where she is living at present.

If it came to light that she had abused her child............my grandchild...........I would hold the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society wholly at fault!

When that baby was born I was the one who could have helped my daughter through the family demons. Her siblings would have been there for her as well. She was left with a philandering husband who I'm sure has threatened her with the loss of her son if she has any contact with us......that is what I believe although I may be wrong. Whatever................she needs her family. The governing body of JW are criminally negligent as far as I'm concerned. They have facilitated so much horror through their teachings and the shunning policy I just wish a lawsuit could be brought against them. Maybe some day a really BIG class action law suit will be.

• fiddler
    fiddler

Just a PS to this............my husband was a baptised JW when I married him. That he suffered abuse as a child of fundemental Christian parents is just a part of the picture. The WT facilitated further abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit