Jwtalk: "You can hide the fact that you are gay but you can't hide the color of your skin."

by The Quiet One 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

'Every time I see the words "gender identity" and "sexual orientation" I just wanna puke.... ugh!'
    ' I have always been offended by the "in your face" attitude of people with this sexual preference. I am completely offended that they insist that their circumstances are similar to African Americans. No one needs to know who you choose to sleep with. It's kind of obvious that I'm black when I show up for a job interview or apply for a mortgage at a bank. There is nothing comparable about this. '
    'For all their jumping up and down about their rights to do this, what about my right to not have to hear about or see it?'

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/10993-government-and-media-become-hysterical-as-uk-schools-refuse-teaching-homosexuality/#entry168120

• jgnat
    jgnat

Not if you want to hold hands with your beloved, or *gasp* kiss in public.

• wasblind
    wasblind

jgnat

And have the same legal rights heterosexual couples have

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Some real brain surgeons online over there at Jwtalk

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Sounds like a personal problem to me Quiet One. I don't mind gettting IN YOUR FACE one bit about my sexuality when it comes to bigots like you.

LRG

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Excuse me, but the posts I quoted in the OP are from the thread on Jwtalk, sorry if that was unclear. Maybe check the link next time before jumping in?
    Moving on...

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Thnks TQO, for re-posting these quotes from that JW site. I was reminded of the scripture, "their unintelligent hearts became darkened" (Romans 1:21), when I read this quote:

'For all their jumping up and down about their rights to do this, what about my right to not have to hear about or see it?'

So what about my right, not to have to put up with Christian rubbish? If those who dislike same-sex attracted people are allowed to have the right to push the same-sex attracted people out-of-sight, what about my right to shut Christians and their stupid never-ending preaching, out of sight.

And, what about my right to leave Jehovah's witnesses with DIGNITY, after I came to understand that I'd made a huge mistake in joining the silly buggers? Or, what about my right to have free contact with my children? A right now denied to me by Jehovah's witnesses and their policies.

Or, what about when some country or the other bans Christianity, surely that country is within its rights to do so and these unintelligent JWs must forgo their right to protest or, to secretly preach.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, to quote the old saw.

Stupid people.

• finally awake
    finally awake

You can't really hide your sexual orientation unless you live your life completely shut off from the people around you. Being allowed to be honest about yourself is critical to mental health and happiness.

• rebel8
    rebel8

JWs are one ignorant, "I can see Russia from my house," comment away from being full-on Tea Party cuckoos. Don't you love the comment, "What about my right to not talk about it," as if someone is *forcing* them to talk about it. Hey, no one is forcing you to talk. Feel free to shut up. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit