"It's Demonic" - What's the stupidest thing you've ever heard a JW say?

by schnare 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Watkins
    Watkins

Me too, Apognophos. Never have been the superstitous type, and jws are VERY. They told me that "demons can cause depression"... nevermind that I was in a state of mourning - it was "the demons"! That really started me thinking... and thinking made me search... and searching made me see ttatt!

Another stupid thing... a 'sister' once told me that mentally-challenged folks "won't be in paradise because they're unable to understand and preach The Truth". That didn't sound right, so I disagreed with her on principle, but she said it's what the wt says... I don't know where they said it, but they might've...

Crazy stuff, yeah?

w

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ha, wow. That sister was the mentally-challenged one. Obviously a loving God would heal their disability in the new system and then they would have the opportunity to learn the truth during the 1000 years. Then again, I never agreed with the Witness belief that nonbelievers would all be destroyed at Armageddon. How silly, when the Society says that the unrighteous dead from the past will get a resurrection. Does that mean that if someone doesn't hear the good news before Armageddon, they get destroyed, then immediately resurrected?

Anyway, it's nice to meet someone else that was turned off to the truth by superstitious people. Another thing that made me see the superstition was when the friends repeated misinformation mindlessly -- anything that dropped into their email from another Witness or that was said in field service. Did you know that John Denver hated the Witnesses and kicked them out of his concerts, and then when he went on the Tonight Show and Carson told him off because he liked the Witnesses who worked for him, and then he kicked Denver off his show? Did you know that Mr. Rogers was once an Army sniper, and had to wear sweaters to hide his tattoos?

• rmt1
    rmt1

Please consider that this ostensible stupidity is not actual, medical, clinical, cognitive incapacity "stupidity".
    Consider that it might be pernicious, deliberate, fully conscious, fully self-aware, fully sanctimonious, fully pretentious, fully willful costly signaling or conspicuous consumption of a costly (stupid) belief to other members of the tribe as a form of banner, heraldry, sigil. People cannot be this stupid. People are not actually this stupid. People can be pretentious sanctimonious pricks who impose their superiority on others by displaying how costly their belief is. People >are< pretentious sanctimonious pricks who impose their superiority on others by displaying how costly their belief is. They don't have to believe anything. They have to demonstrate what the belief requires, if they believed it, and the conspicuous display of that stupidity is the key to answering a challenge/authentication protocol, among the tribe, that basically says, "Are you still with me? Are you still against them?" Consider. Clinical stupidity cannot explain what JWs do. Stockholm syndrome alone does not either. Letting JW rank and file get away with being stupid is letting them off the hook. They are not stupid. They are weak. They have failed themselves and they have failed their children to act on their well-founded doubts. They are weak because they have chosen, and continue actively to choose, to not find the strength to do what they know is right. If they are chained in bondage to family members, yeah, fine, I lost my entire family. All of it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    RMT1 - "...pernicious, deliberate, fully conscious, fully self-aware, fully sanctimonious, fully pretentious, fully willful costly signaling or conspicuous consumption of a costly (stupid) belief to other members of the tribe as a form of banner, heraldry, sigil..."

Approaching a state of "absolute stupid".

• trujw
    trujw

When I was growing up most JW kids listened to all kinds of pop(maddona) and rap(even ones with sexual themes) heavy metal. If a song from a Christian station played you would have thought the Devil himself was in the room my mom would almost break a leg to run and change the channel. Ahhh so stupid.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Water "witching".

Some people are abler to do so, others cannot. It has nothing to do with supernatural abilities, it's all natural magnetism. That is why some people cannot wear the older style wrist watch while others have no problem with them. Magnetism of water movemnet, however slight, can make certain objects move on their own.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    Please consider that this ostensible stupidity is not actual, medical, clinical, cognitive incapacity "stupidity".

Sure, I think that's understood by most of us. Personally, I never malign the intelligence or IQ of JWs because I saw a pretty average bell curve of intelligence in the congregation. I knew JWs who were quite intelligent and yet still believed, because they wanted to believe. Even the JWs like to make the point that when scriptures refer to "stupid ones", the stupidity in question is foolish behavior or willful stubbornness, not cognitive impairment.

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

I gotta say the 1920 tagline, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die!!" Ya....that was in 1920........how'd that work out?? lol

• schnare
    schnare

I totally forgot about this. This was also yesterday, but after we left the place. We were in the car and I was talking about the pedophile elders. I said why would the holy spirit pick people who are pedos. Her response was pretty much saying they people just wake up one day and decide they are attracted to children. I told her that people are born that way. She denied this being the case, but I think she was just trying to make an explanation to herself of why the holy spirit would pick someone who goes on to molest children. She also tried to say Gay people aren't born that way either. So much rampant ignorance in the JW's.

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

"Unemployed JWs don't have a job because they lack faith" - Coordinator of the Body of Elders during a shepherding call.

I wrote an email to the CO about it, and he responded saying it was rubbish. I proudly showed his email to my CBE. And then, all hell broke loose on me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit